Needs Full Charge To Connect

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
The Tuneecu site mentions that if you can't complete the connection between the computer and the ecu you should be sure that your battery is fully charged. My bike's battery seemed to be fine--bike always started up immediately--but I could not complete the computer to ecu connection. Just for the heck of it I put my battery on a charger then tried the connection again 2 hours later. Bingo!

Many will actually keep the battery connected to a charger through the whole procedure.

As do I when I intend to save the map that's in the bike, which I did not on this occasion. But if I had hooked up the charger just before I tried to make the connection it would not have been enough and I would have been off on a wild goose chase trying to figure out why, when it was as simple as not using a fully charged battery at the start.

So you followed the instructions ....... and it worked! Interesting approach.

This is the point I am making: Although your battery might appear to be fully charged based on months of its immediate and flawless performance, it still might not be sufficiently charged for the purpose of making a USB-OBD connection. I am sure of this: many readers will not consider that to be self-evident. Sorry to interupt the inane chatter.

Personally I disconnected the headlight fuse when doing mine AND I kept the charger on the bike throughout. It's such an easy way to avoid potential problems, when it's already known that problems may appear if you have an almost charged battery. Had no difficulties at all putting the Power-tripp map in (after I copied the stock map off the bike and saved it as a .hex map, just to be on the safe side; coming from a computer nerd background I'm keenly aware of the need of backups...)

if i was going to put in a modified map i would save the old one in case i wanted to go cross country. but that is just my opinion.

if i was going to put in a modified map i would save the old one in case i wanted to go cross country. but that is just my opinion.

Ran a Saddle Sore last fall on my bike with the modified map. Pretty decent mileage (probably better than stock, or at least no worse) and the bike ran flawlessly, so...

Remember to keep your battery case clean especially between + and - also clean terminals and all wire connectors with a stainless steel brush, wipe on a light coat of conductive grease and then wipe it off a very light coating is all you need. If your battery case is dirty, voltage can track from - to + and drain down your battery all thought it is a slow draw. But I'm sure you guys all ready know that!

Back