Want to Buy Disregard (found one) - Need Your Final Drive - Roadster

Yeah, they won't separate it from the shaft. I guess I'll be getting a new one made for the Roadster.
Hypothetical question if they are the same why didn't pinwall say it fits 2005 to 2018 in stead of 2016? Hmmm below is from hermys triumph store. Bet the super store has the same.
Screenshot_20200821-102009_Chrome.jpg

I had a couple that leaked a little, nothing mechanical, and were changed under warranty. No problems since, but I did p/u a spare from ebay a few years ago, just in case. And no, I don't want to sell it. I own 3 Rockets. Can't have too many spare parts. :)

just my opinion
even though u said it smelled like gear oil
i would take a sample on a tissue paper and compare to gear lube/motor oil
just find it hard to believe the gear lube would travel up that tube unless u were parked down hill.
might give it a bit to see which one is going down(very little gear lube in final drive)

just my opinion
even though u said it smelled like gear oil
i would take a sample on a tissue paper and compare to gear lube/motor oil
just find it hard to believe the gear lube would travel up that tube unless u were parked down hill.
might give it a bit to see which one is going down(very little gear lube in final drive)

I just checked the level and it needed 2 oz to top off. That's not a lot, but significant. It's mountainous where I live. I had a guy refuse to bush hog my property because of the slope and my driveway is pretty darned steep. I could see how a couple of ounces in the tube could easily spill down to the boot just leaving my driveway.

So, if not gear oil are you guys thinking motor oil from the engine? I'm running red colored Motul, but not sure it would still register. When I stuck my finger in the boot it smelled faintly of gear oil, but not as strong as my lucky bell that was covered in oil and road dirt- that's how I first noticed it.

I think I said earlier that with the last rear tire change I had a leak where the FD and drive shaft connect (4 bolts) and that definitely was gear oil. So, how did gear oil get from the FD to that area if I don't have a bad seal in the FD?

@Kevin frazier and @Kojack1970 I'm one cheap #&^%*. If there's a DIY fix to replace the seal please point me to it! This bike is my main form of transportation, so I need to do something pretty soon.

As posted by @warp9.9 the Black roadster one is different to earlier Standard ones as the drive shaft angle changed.
Tourings have a different part number but are Black also. I think they may be interchangeable with BLACK ROADSTER VERSION.

#PartStockRRPQty
Used
Basket
1Final Drive Assembly
T1274000
Share this part
BACKORDERNO STOCK$1,309.31excl. VAT(£989.35)-QuantityMinusPlus
1DRIVE UNIT,FINAL,87DEGREE,BLK
T1275000
Share this part
BACKORDERNO STOCK$1,309.31excl. VAT(£989.35)-QuantityMinus

#PartStockRRPQty
Used
Basket
1Final Drive Assembly
T1272050
Share this part
BACKORDERNO STOCK$1,309.31excl. VAT(£989.35)-QuantityMinus

I got a spare low mileage Black one from @albertaduke from his burnt wreck.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: A bargain $100 and he even made a custom wood crate/box for its journey.:inlove:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: 31lb all up, 3 months surface postage in a ship to Oz which was for another $130.

I swapped it onto my 70,000km R3R as I was changing tyres and wanted to check out condition of my original which was perfect anyway.
It is still on now and has unique ripple Black finish from the fiery end of it's original mount. :whitstling: :cool:

Last edited:
Back