scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
A wee while ago I was having some problems with my 2011 Roadster as some of you will remember anyhoo long story short it was a corrupt tune in the ECU sent it off to Carpenter Racing and they re-flashed it and reinstalled the tune, all is fine now except a wee bit rough at times when idling.
My question is I have tuneboy tune on the bike with a PCV installed I recently bought an auto tune now will it work with the tune installed or will have to be a power commander tune?

The auto tune instructions said the tail light is a good power source for the auto tune connection does anyone know what colour the wire is I would tie into?
Big shout to Carpenter Racing they never charged me a penny for re-flashing the ECU even though they first put the tune on four years ago they stood behind it, thank you. Also a big thanks to warp(scott) for all his help.

The auto tune should work with a Tune by tune, does fine with tune ECU tune.

Can't help with what wire to tap into, I hooked it to my EB PC8.

A wee while ago I was having some problems with my 2011 Roadster as some of you will remember anyhoo long story short it was a corrupt tune in the ECU sent it off to Carpenter Racing and they re-flashed it and reinstalled the tune, all is fine now except a wee bit rough at times when idling.
My question is I have tuneboy tune on the bike with a PCV installed I recently bought an auto tune now will it work with the tune installed or will have to be a power commander tune?

The auto tune instructions said the tail light is a good power source for the auto tune connection does anyone know what colour the wire is I would tie into?
Big shout to Carpenter Racing they never charged me a penny for re-flashing the ECU even though they first put the tune on four years ago they stood behind it, thank you. Also a big thanks to warp(scott) for all his help.

I have the Auto Tune Instructions.
If you wish to PM me an email, I shall send it to you.

under the right hand side cover (one with rocket iii badge on) is the ECU. right above that there are a few connectors, including yellow wired ones for the indicators and a 4-wire wide black connector for the tail lights. black, blue, red, brown are the wire colours. the red one is the live for the tail light.

personally i didnt use the positap as they may be quick and easy but they are a bit awkward and amateur looking/fitting. i used a little flat scubadiver to open the hinged clip on the connector and piggy-backed in the red wire for the AT-200 (press in the little barb that holds the red wire's pin in the connector from falling out, so you can spread the crimped connection just enough to get the red AT-200 wire in parallel and recrimp. add a drop of solder too. reinsert the pin into the connector and ensure the barb catches it again.) taped the 2 red wires together for extra support then clipped the clip closed again.

the AT-200 will only tell the PC5 to advise changes to the PC5 fuel map ( advised changes are called "trims") that will help your bike fuel closer to what the PC5 AFR map calls for. the PC5 supercedes the ECU map (tuneboy, tune ECU) by interrupting the signal from the ECU to the injectors. thats why the PC5 is literally spliced into the loom between the main loom and the subloom of the throttle bodies. so the PC5 and AT do not change the ECU map at all, they just tweak the output signal from the ECU before it gets to the injectors.
anywho after a decent bit of riding you plug into the PC5 and accept the trims.

how many miles did you clock up on the original map before it corrupted? i got about 6000.

Back