need some help.........

RoadVenture

.060 Over
I want to know the length of the front brake hose from the 3-way "Y" fitting up to the connection on the handlebar reservoir for the CLASSIC model.

Get a string and hold one end at the "Y". Hold the string against the hose and follow it up to the reservoir. Mark the string at the reservoir, then lay it out on a table and measure.

I am want this distance so I can tell if the CLASSIC front brake hose is longer than the standard and by how much.

Thanks!

That is certainly one way to ascertain a difference, if any. Another method would be to look up part numbers. If they are the same part number, well then guests what.

Last edited:
I want to know the length of the front brake hose from the 3-way "Y" fitting up to the connection on the handlebar reservoir for the CLASSIC model (...) I am want this distance so I can tell if the CLASSIC front brake hose is longer than the standard and by how much.Thanks!

So did I. But that no longer frustrates me:cool:.

My 06 classic measures 18.75 inches. thats measuring just the hose and no fittings or crimp flanges. However I did use yellow string and that might be a little slower than my red string;)

I want to know the length of the front brake hose from the 3-way "Y" fitting up to the connection on the handlebar reservoir for the CLASSIC model.

Get a string and hold one end at the "Y". Hold the string against the hose and follow it up to the reservoir. Mark the string at the reservoir, then lay it out on a table and measure.

I am want this distance so I can tell if the CLASSIC front brake hose is longer than the standard and by how much.

Thanks!

Dave,

Would you share the cable lengths you end up with. I want to get a longer set to go with my classic bars and Rivco risers. I haven't started my install yet as the garage is too cold, but I'd like to order them soon.

If you have a link to where you are purchasing these that would help too.

John

That is certainly one way to ascertain a difference, if any. Another method would be to look up part numbers. If they are the same part number, well then guests what.

I don't think I have a way to look up part number, do I?

Yes, I know I could go to the dealer and THEY could look up the part nymbers, but does Triumph give me, the customer, access?

Dave,

Would you share the cable lengths you end up with. I want to get a longer set to go with my classic bars and Rivco risers. I haven't started my install yet as the garage is too cold, but I'd like to order them soon.

If you have a link to where you are purchasing these that would help too.

John

John,

As you saw here in a previous post the CLASSIC hose measures 18.75". I measured my RIII Standard and it measured 18.50". That's a difference of .25"..............not much.

I am going to try to order a new front brake hose from HEL U.S. if I can ever get them to answer the phone. I have been in touch with HEL U.K. and the claim to have a replacement front hose assembly and they will make the upper portion any length I like. HEL U.S. will do the same thing, but they have not, apparently learned the basics such as answering phones or replying to e-mails.

front brake hose source

John,

I was also told by GALFER that they did not now have a hose assmebly made for the RIII but are willing to make one up for me. They would need me to send them the OEM hose assembly so that they would be able to use the right fittings and get the angles correct.

I may end up doing that since I can't seem to get any signs of life from HEL so far.

Whatever I end up with, I'll post the info regarding manufacturer and part number.

I don't think I have a way to look up part number, do I?

Yes, I know I could go to the dealer and THEY could look up the part nymbers, but does Triumph give me, the customer, access?

The clutch cables are different part numbers. It's about $3 more for the 1/2 inch longer classic cable.

Back