need some Denali Sound Bomb install pics

atjurhs

.060 Over
Ride
2017 R3 Roadster
hey guys,

i bought a Denali Sound Bomb with the split compressor so the two parts can be mounted on two separate areas of the bike.

can some of you post some pics of how you installed yours?

thanks!

Todd

For lack of a better place I install the compressor in the air filter box and the horn on the left side of crash bars. May move horn some where else later.

OEM horn switch switches the negative and use 30 amp fuse and relay.

I removed the evap canister from the right side and put the compressor there. Bought a longer hose and mounted the horn part where the oem horn is. I think i just used zip ties to mount the horn. Ill try to get pics of it later today.

that looks almost exactly like the Stebel I installed on my Rocket. I installed mine where the original horn was located, with the addition of an additional bracket. I initially separated the compressor from the horn, but there was too much loss of horn volume..

The attached is how I did mine. Pair it with the Triumph Thunderbird horn up front and it sounds awesome (and very loud too).

Attachments

• filter box 3.JPG
    filter box 3.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 43
  • filter box 5.JPG
    filter box 5.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 45
  • filter box 4.JPG
    filter box 4.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 49
**NOTE** This is on a 15 Touring. Not sure of the differences from a Roadster.

I did purchase the wiring harness from Revzilla with the horn. Maybe not completely necessary, but I am in no way an electrician. lol

Pic 1:.I removed the evap canister and the piping, and mounted the compressor in the evap bracket.

IMG_20180517_181515.jpg

Pic 2 and 3: Removed the OEM horn and mounted the new one in the same location using zip ties through the holes in the top of the horn going around the existing horn plate.
IMG_20180517_181550.jpg IMG_20180517_181622.jpg

Hope that makes sense...

Back