Need some advice from the Floridian Captians

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
My daughters lives in Port Charlotte Florida,she works at the children's hospital in Fort Myers.We're about 1500 miles apart so it's not easy for me to watch over her. I wish she would take care of her car like she takes care of her patients...She sent me some pictures of her tires on her SUV I was horrified :eek:to see what condition they were in. One had a nail in it,one had a slow leak, the two back tires were bigger than the two front tires. Not to mention all were pretty worn down. I don't know where she's been taking her car to be serviced but i told her to never take it there again. I offered to buy her some new tires,is there a reputable tire place in that area and what would be her best choice in the Florida temperatures be for an all around good tire. Thanks in advance. Your help just might save the lives of a family...:thumbsup: This post is in reference to the real dark side;)

Or Sam's where you can get them installed. Many Wal-Marts have no installation. Matter of fact in South Florida I don't recall any. YMMV:) I just bought a set of tires online and had them shipped to the installer. Cheapest way! Another place you might try is a statewide chain called Tire Kingdom. Have used them many times before I did the online thing. They actually were the ones to do my install. As far as the Florida heat goes manufacturers test in both hot and cold climates so any All Season tire would be fine.

I drove beaters for years, and I let many things slide a while before fixing them, but no matter what, I always made sure I had good tires, brakes, and battery. Those are what will kill you or get you stuck somewhere.

Costco is also a great source and their nitrogen fill will make sure the tires don't swell in the Florida heat...never been sure this makes much of a difference given the way I drive, but I like the green caps.

I normally go to Discount tires as they have taken excellent care of me over the years (most recently for my '16 F-150); however, I see the nearest to your daughter is in Tampa so the above options are best.
-MIG

I live in Port Charlotte..bought my tires @ Sam's club in Port Charlotte..free mounting and balance and tire rotation..and they re-balance them every time you take it back for rotation..my last set from there (forget the brand) wore out in less mileage than the warranty stated..they replaced all four of them for free (different brand this time)..tell her to stay away from indy shops unless she is positive they're legit..lot's of shady business peeps down here..tell her to stay with bigger name commercial stores like was mentioned above..Sam's club membership is $45 dollars a year I think..worth it..

good tires are a must down here 'specially for the rainy season, which is just getting ready to start..
hydroplaning ain't no fun..

My daughters lives in Port Charlotte Florida,she works at the children's hospital in Fort Myers.We're about 1500 miles apart so it's not easy for me to watch over her. I wish she would take care of her car like she takes care of her patients...She sent me some pictures of her tires on her SUV I was horrified :eek:to see what condition they were in. One had a nail in it,one had a slow leak, the two back tires were bigger than the two front tires. Not to mention all were pretty worn down. I don't know where she's been taking her car to be serviced but i told her to never take it there again. I offered to buy her some new tires,is there a reputable tire place in that area and what would be her best choice in the Florida temperatures be for an all around good tire. Thanks in advance. Your help just might save the lives of a family...:thumbsup: This post is in reference to the real dark side;)
I've been working out of town and am about 1000 miles from my daughter. I was recently home and had to help with vehicle problems. But i was only 100 miles away. Man a lot easier the 1000 miles
So I feel for you bud. If I lived down near your daughter I would make sure she got a good set for you. That being said wally world and them other places are fine for tires but might not be able to check alignments and such. I have grown use to using either firstone or a goodyear shop. Which seem to be everywhere. From the sounds of it besides the tires you need someone to give it the once over twice to make sure everything else is in safe order especially the brakes and steering components. I wish you luck knowing what is is like.

fell youre concern for good tires for youre children,but tires are like windshields put a new one in within a month I get a rock and a new chip/star in the windshield get a new set tires I get a flat for one reason or another always get tires with road hazard free replacement/rotate and balance

Back