Need recommendation for foot pegs for Touring crash bars

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
I plan to ride ~500 miles to Mayberry Days, and I would like to add the pegs forward that would allow me to stretch my legs.

I see fixed and adjustable mounts along with separate pegs on the Triumph accessory list.

I also see Kuryakyn pegs and mounts, and seems not enough information from which to make a confident choice.

Links to your recommended (if you were to do it again) would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I used Harley pegs because I took them off before I traded the old bike in. I had to shim them to work on the slightly smaller bars but they are on snug. If I had to buy new I'd go with Kuryakyn.

I plan to ride ~500 miles to Mayberry Days, and I would like to add the pegs forward that would allow me to stretch my legs.
I see fixed and adjustable mounts along with separate pegs on the Triumph accessory list.
I also see Kuryakyn pegs and mounts, and seems not enough information from which to make a confident choice.
Links to your recommended (if you were to do it again) would be appreciated.
Thank you.

I run these and have enjoyed them for many long rides, including a 11,500 mile cris-cross country ride.
Kuryakyn ISO®-Wing Mini Floorboards (Male Mount)- Various Cruisers

I got my Chrome Dually Hightway Foot Pegs from China AU $68.84 (US$51.75) with free postage and have purchased multiple sets excellent quality deep thick chrome and quality fittings. I think they may be made by the same factory as does Kuryakyn. I have also used the clamps (3rd photo below) sold separately in 1" (25.4mm) size to mount additional forward pegs on my 1" Roadster peg rails in front of the gear and brake levers which with real Kuryakyn brand premium footboards on spline Triumph adapters now gives me a huge range of foot placement. These are all massively cheaper than Triumph branded products and of equal quality.

For h'way pegs that fit to the stock 1.25" (32mm) bars you do not need to get Triumph ones.
For Roadster front and rear peg replacement you have to do some research and purchase the matching Japanese model peg fitment. This can be found on the Kuryakyn website or Cruiser Customizing

1" 1 1/4" Chrome Dually Hightway Foot Pegs footpegs For Harley Davidson

They do have the matching wing mini boards as used by @1olbull too.

AU $72.27 (US$54.33)
Wing Style Foot Rests Pegs For Harley Touring Models V-Rod Male Peg Mount Chrome

Highway Peg Clamp Mount For Harley Honda Suzuki Kawasaki 1.25" 32mm Engine Guard

AU $73.39 (US$55.17)

Aluminum Foot Peg Footrest Clamps for Harley Honda Yamaha Kawasaki 1 1/4" 32MM
AU $34.08 (US$25.62)

They have a huge range of products matching Kuryakyn, except full size foot boards and all available in black or chrome xfwlkjfa | eBay

Oops! For some reason they do not ship to USA. Maybe because they may be made by the same factory as does Kuryakyn. Oh well good for the rest of us though.

Item location: Guang Zhou, China
Posting to: Worldwide
Excludes: Hong Kong, Canada, United States, Angola, Turkey, China, United Kingdom, PO Box

Strong recommendation. What mounts are needed / available ?

Good question!
I have only a 29" inseam and found the half swastika mounts unnecessary and they increased the OAW and leg spread.
I am using these:

My-Highway-Pegs.jpg

1-1/4" CHROME FOOT PEGS FOOTPEGS + CLAMPS FOR HARLEY ENGINE GUARD HIGHWAY METRIC

Last edited:
I found the off set mounts to work best for me as you have more positional abilities. I have the OEM pegs and a set of the switch bades both are of good quality. THE OEM pegs hold up well when your sliding down the asphalt can not test the switchblades because even though God keeps throwing me back it just hurts to much to perform the testing.

Even thou I love the Kuryakyn product I have tried their pegs and adaptors and had them crack and fail I have since bought the Triumph pegs and mounts and have used them several years now with no issues

Even thou I love the Kuryakyn product I have tried their pegs and adaptors and had them crack and fail I have since bought the Triumph pegs and mounts and have used them several years now with no issues

Musta been a bad set, M8.
I have had four sets of them on two motors for the past 12 years with no issues . . . well. except for the set I ruined in my crash a couple years ago. :rolleyes:

Back