Need PCIII Tune - Help!

Gkiller

Supercharged
I have an 06 Classic with TORS, stock filter, and Triumph TORS tune. I will be installing a CAT delete and PCIII this weekend, but cannot find a tune on the DynoJet site that lists these specific mods, which I would think are pretty common. I see one for these + the Triple K&N's, but nothing for just TORS, CAT delete, stock airbox.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which PCIII tune is right? I will get the bike Dyno'd in the near future, but might be a few weeks before I do that and want to go ahead and get a map installed.
Thanks!

For TORs with cat bypass, the tune is M510-003. This requires installing the PCIII O2 sensor bypass. However, you need to have the stock triumph base tune in the bike, which is stock exhaust with catalyst (20215 for the Classic). They supposedly did their mapping with the base stock tune in the bike for all exhaust configurations. You might want to contact them and check.

Chances are that you will get the bug in the near future and slap on the triple filter mod/remove the secondaries. You can go ahead and use the canned tune labeled "D&D's with triple K&N's", it will be just a little rich for now but you can manually lean it with the three buttons on the unit. This way when you do the filters you can just click the unit up to the middle setting again and off you go.
With the TOR's and crossover cat eliminator the backpressure will be the same as D&D's so don't worry about the difference in the names. I had D&D's when I first installed the PCIII and later went to TOR's so I'm familiar with them both.

The most important thing is that you are richening the fuel mix and that's good, having it a little too rich will only make the exhaust sooty and could possibly foul the plugs down the road, so don't worry about it being off a little for now. You will be in perfect position to remove the secondaries and change the filter to triples.
I would save the dyno tune for when you have everything done and ready to leave it alone for awhile. If you decide to add a GiPro there is nothing that needs to be done to the PCIII for it to work.

I have the Triumph TOR's tune still in mine from when it was newer with the D&D's. If you have it dyno tuned at a Triumph dealer they can either put the stock tune back in the ECU or just tune the PCIII around it. The tech left the TOR's tune in mine and tuned the PCIII, the reason was that if the bike was ever put back stock and the TOR's left on it the tune in the ECU alone would already be set for it. Since the TOR's tune mainly just uses the secondary throttle plates to richen the mix, removing them negates the tune anyway. If I put the bike back stock with the triples removed and throttle plates reinstalled, there will be no need to mess with the ECU.

I know I blabbed alot in the prior post and forgot to ask you if you planned to do anything else to the bike. Have you any other plans besides the crossover?

Triples?
Secondaries?
GiPro?

I know I blabbed alot in the prior post and forgot to ask you if you planned to do anything else to the bike. Have you any other plans besides the crossover?

Triples?
Secondaries?
GiPro?

I forgot to mention that I plan on removing the secondaries when I install the CAT delete and PCIII this weekend...
As for the Triples...possible, but not for a while. GiPRO...most likely not.

The Dyno that I am going to use is not a Triumph shop...no Triumph dealers near me have a Dyno. That being said, and with the info I have provided, should the tech who Dyno's my bike (scheduled for next week) not be able to tune and map my bike according to the mods I have done? Another post referred to "you need to have the stock triumph base tune in the bike..."??
Is this something that will be necessary in order to have the bike Dyno'd, or again...will the tech be able to correctly re-map and tune the bike as it will sit after I install the mods and remove the secondaries?

I didn't and still don't have the stock tune and have no plans to change it, like I mentioned, the TOR's tune is still there for a reason should the PCIII, filters and secondaries be changed back. Mine works just fine, better than fine, Awesome.

Good that you are considering the triples and secondary removal prior to spending money to dyno, the D&D's w/triple K&N's canned PCIII tune is perfect for that. With the TOR's tune in the ECU, D&D/K&N canned tune in the PCIII, Triples, Secondaries removed in mine, it was so close to perfect that the dyno tune netted only 9hp and 8fpt in additional power. The primary benefit to the dyno tune in my case was to even out the delivery of fuel across the RPM range.

(I bet you go with a GiPro one day, how can anyone resist all the extra power you will have after all this in the low gears too?) lol

OH, and it's not too difficult removing all the intake junk to take out the secondaries ... it's putting it all back that's the pain in the butt. Slapping three K&N RU-2780's on the throttle bodies is a whole lot easier than putting all that junk back on. :D

If you were just after the sound of the TOR's that's one thing, but you putting on a PCIII tells me you are also after the power. Triples are what you need to go along with the exhaust, you uncorked one side of the motor, you need to uncork the other side too so it breathes.

Also...received my PCIII today (bought it from a forum member), but no 02 Sensor Bypass/Optimizer. Is this part necessary? Should I purchase one before installing the PCIII and doing the dyno? I would assume so...?

Yes, you will need that part. If he doesn't have it you can ask around here if someone has an extra one or just order one from direct from Dynojet.

Back