Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Hey, can any of you ex-sport bike or tech heads help me put here.
Friend is looking to lower his Honda FVR 750 and we can not find a lowering kit for this model bike. Can anyone lead me in the right direction:eek:
Thanks.

Well still having problems, All the lowering kits I can find are for 94 or higher. I e-mailer streetfighter and they were no help. Asked it there kit will fit a 93 and I'll I got was "have no Idea" well hell it you don't know your products who doe's.
Can anyone stear me in any kind of direction?:confused:

Here is a link to a VFR forum. It looks like your bike is a 3rd generation VFR?

If I am looking at the pictures correctly it looks to be a single sided rear monoshock setup. My two thoughts would be to change out the rear shock to lower the bike or to change the way the rear shock is mounted (move it somehow.) There is some talk of reversing a triangle plate to achieve this on later models, maybe it would work on yours also.

I don't know what changes you would have to do to the rear shock (longer vs shorter) because I don't have a pic of the way the rear shock is set up. If you removed the rear shock and played with the length that the shock is by fabing up an adjustable bar of sorts so you can experiment with what new shock length will drop the back of the bike the desired amount you could get a good idea where you need to go. If you need to shorten the rear shock you could heat the coil spring or cut out a coil. Going longer probably will take a replacement shock. There are tons of monoshocks on E Bay under motorcycle parts - shocks.

You should lower the front also to keep some kind of steering geometry sanity. Possibly sliding the fork tubes up through the triple trees or disassembling the the tubes and cutting the springs a tad.

And a new kick stand...

Oooops... the link to the forum:

How-To Articles - VFRworld

Back