NEED NEW TYRES OR TIRES

dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
i am going to need new tyres soon for the roadster , ive been using the avon on the front and exdra max on the rear . I have read about using a 140 on the front for lighter steering , what is everyone using in brand and size ?

I use the Cobra front and rear. Last front was replaced with the 140/75/17 Cobra. Definitely makes a noticeable difference to improve handling.
However I think my high speed stability is slightly diminished as well. I am staying with Cobras until something better comes along. Currently there is nothing better.

I saw this recently.

"If it's generally HOT where you are, and depending how hard you ride - the rubber COULD get TOO hot in hard use.
I shredded both Metzler and Avon - now running a 140/80R17 Z rated up front."

However I can't seem to find a 140/80R17 Z rated up front tire. ???? Maybe that's supposed to be "V" rated.
I've always used stock sizes but have been thinking about changing the front tire size next time.

I use the Cobra front and rear. Last front was replaced with the 140/75/17 Cobra. Definitely makes a noticeable difference to improve handling.
However I think my high speed stability is slightly diminished as well. I am staying with Cobras until something better comes along. Currently there is nothing better.

+1
The smaller front tire improves the rake angle, especially combined with the larger Bridgestone Excedra Max 240/55R16 rear!

How Rake and Trail Effect Your Motorcycle's Handling - Motorcycle Superstore

The smaller front tire "steepens" the head tube angle which makes for quicker steering - A more "slackened" head tube angle increases straight line stability & comfort

With the 140 on the front, mine absolutely has a difference that can be felt in the nimbleness of the bike. Although it now manuevers much better/easier, IMO it is no less stable or comfortable on the long haul. just did 1160 miles doing the 3 sisters ride in Leakey, Tx with many very tight twisties & ups/downs in the twisties - the 790 miles Down there & back were no less comfortable either.
Go 140/75R17 Avon Cobra front with the Emax rear - lots on here have & report the same results :thumbsup:

Back