**(Found One)** Need new/gently used drive shaft for Roadster/Touring #T1270700

This don't sound right
This part has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer available.
Not when

This part is utilized in 14 assemblies !​

**************************************************************************************************************
Triumph Socket Tool Pt No. T3880062

T3 WRENCHLOCK RING 38M​

Price: GBP 17.38 Approximately AU $32.25
Postage: GBP 12.38 (approx. AU $22.96) Royal Mail International Tracked

Pretty generic for Triuphs too

s-l1600.jpg

Located in: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I think I just used a large engineers screwdriver and a hammer and tapped it off slowly and I used a motorcycle Front wheel hex as well.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Once or twice I noticed a feeling like a tiny bit of slack that gets taken in- not loud or hard, barely noticeable. I wondered about the cushdrive, but it was one of those little things you notice and then keep an eye/ear out for. It was when I went to lube the splines that I realized what was happening. From the looks of it I'm lucky it didn't just spin out completely. As much as I ride, I'm letting her sit until the new part comes in.

From what I'm seeing in the manual and an old post by @warp9.9 you have to remove the swingarm to get the driveshaft out- bummer.
The manual also calls for this tool (Triumph #T3880062)
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 11.28.58 AM.png

$38, and how much you want to bet no one has it in stock?

I'm pretty sure I read on this site where someone showed how to make one from a socket, but I can't find that post. Anyone have any ideas?
You dont have to remove swing arm to take the drive shaft out...

Or put it back in...🚀🚀🚀
Ya sure? That would be welcome news. Trying to visualize the process and it seems like it would not require the swing arm to also come off.

Also, the **** little spring. It isn't coming with the "new" drive shaft I've ordered. Can I just reuse my old one? If not, I smell another back order scenario coming up.

I really don't understand why dealers don't keep inventory in stock. Buy cheap and then sell higher the longer you hold on to it. It seems to be how everything else works. You can't even get valve shims in many (all?) sizes, without special ordering (the Rocket takes the same diameter shims as the Bonneville and who knows how many other models).

Ya sure? That would be welcome news. Trying to visualize the process and it seems like it would not require the swing arm to also come off.

Also, the **** little spring. It isn't coming with the "new" drive shaft I've ordered. Can I just reuse my old one? If not, I smell another back order scenario coming up.

I really don't understand why dealers don't keep inventory in stock. Buy cheap and then sell higher the longer you hold on to it. It seems to be how everything else works. You can't even get valve shims in many (all?) sizes, without special ordering (the Rocket takes the same diameter shims as the Bonneville and who knows how many other models).
Yep I've done it, support your final drive, take off shock the 4 bolts to final drive & pull off. Pull out drive shaft...reuse spring & re fit. You will feel when you engage driveshaft to gearbox shaft, then push in. You will need to support the drive shaft when putting final drive back on...I used a bit off plastic which is flexible as you need to pull it out once you have connected with drive shaft with final drive. Theres only a small gap to pull it out...others might use other things but it works for me. Dont forget to lube all splines.

Yep I've done it, support your final drive, take off shock the 4 bolts to final drive & pull off. Pull out drive shaft...reuse spring & re fit. You will feel when you engage driveshaft to gearbox shaft, then push in. You will need to support the drive shaft when putting final drive back on...I used a bit off plastic which is flexible as you need to pull it out once you have connected with drive shaft with final drive. Theres only a small gap to pull it out...others might use other things but it works for me. Dont forget to lube all splines.
Oh & take your wheel off first...😂👍🚀🚀🚀

Back