Pumbaa

An African in Aus
Ride
2015 R3R
Firstly my apologies if this has been asked and answered before, I am still trying to find my way around all the posts.

I have already had my air box removed and had the 3 K&N filters installed under my Bear Claw, but have recently been thinking about getting rid of the Bear Claw and doing a further upgrade.

So should I go with a RAMAIR system or stick to Individual K&N Pods (yes I realise that I would have to have the bike re-tuned/mapped etc), I have recently ordered a Full Exhaust System from CES, so am thinking of doing the Air System upgrade at the same time before I take the bike in to have it tuned/remapped.

Any advice or Pro's/Cons would be appreciated as well as suggestions on aftermarket Bear Claw replacements (cut down versions etc, as per attached pic)

Attachments

• Bearclaw.jpg
    Bearclaw.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 3
K&N RX 4040s. Bob Carpenter recommend them to me for my 265 hp motor. He said it was the best thing he'd tested short of running no filters. Plus your bearclaw is already trimmed.

4040s pretty much the best off the shelf filters.
Then there a few good alternatives but in order I'd consider the options in this order as far as sheer flow goes:

Custom massive filter setup (mine/warps/barbagris/etc)
4040s
1750/RAMAIR/Unifilters
2780s
Undertank
Drop in

Cost varies greatly but generally follows the order of performance. I dynoed 1750s back to back on then off and put down within 0.1 ho with them on and off, changed nothing. This was at 190whp, so they flow at least enough to supply 190whp with no notable restriction.

K&N RX 4040s. Bob Carpenter recommend them to me for my 265 hp motor. He said it was the best thing he'd tested short of running no filters. Plus your bearclaw is already trimmed.

The pic I posted is not mine, I will be keen to find something similar should I go with the option of 3 x pods

Back