Need input on the new R3

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I was on this forum some time ago when I had a 06 R3. It was very helpful. Love the Aussie input. Direct to the point and NOT politically correct. I found out I was the third buyer and the two previous owners had put their fingers in without knowing what they were doing. When I had it running it was a real joy. To many electrical bugs.Anyhow I ended up parting it out. Sent a lot of the parts to the land of the down under.
Anyhow I am looking at theses new 2020 models (touring) . Right now we have 4 bikes. 3 Indians , and a Guzzi dual sport V85TT. Wife owns two of them , and has a preference for sidecars. If they used the old 2300 model as a guide then there should be very little problem with them.
So here is my request. Can you new owners keep us informed on the new model. Your reviews are more valid. No special selected bikes from the factory, plus your not trying to sell advertising space, and you will be on them for more than a few hours trail run.
Thanks in Advance

I was on this forum some time ago when I had a 06 R3. It was very helpful. Love the Aussie input. Direct to the point and NOT politically correct. I found out I was the third buyer and the two previous owners had put their fingers in without knowing what they were doing. When I had it running it was a real joy. To many electrical bugs.Anyhow I ended up parting it out. Sent a lot of the parts to the land of the down under.
Anyhow I am looking at theses new 2020 models (touring) . Right now we have 4 bikes. 3 Indians , and a Guzzi dual sport V85TT. Wife owns two of them , and has a preference for sidecars. If they used the old 2300 model as a guide then there should be very little problem with them.
So here is my request. Can you new owners keep us informed on the new model. Your reviews are more valid. No special selected bikes from the factory, plus your not trying to sell advertising space, and you will be on them for more than a few hours trail run.
Thanks in Advance

First bit of Aussie input. Sell all four bikes. Buy two new Rockets.

There. Hope this helps.

There are many ride reports available in the forum. Just search 2020 and you will see plenty of commentary from the members who ordered, are waiting, and those who have already received their 2020 TFC, R3 R, and R3 GT. I have only sat on the bikes at my local dealer and there are many changes from the previous generation bikes. However, they are comfortable and from what I read the bike is a dream to ride.

I to have had problems with my 08 rocket since i have owned it 3 years now.Everything from detent spring to starting problems,have done some upgrades as well and all been done myself.Everything i have done has been learnt on this here forum. I to am looking to buy the new GT and could do now if only i could part with my 08 but that ain't happening mainly because of this forum and the guys on here what they don't know about rockets ain't worth knowing which gives me confidence in my bike and helps me afford to keep my bike.This now seems to be transitioning into the new 2020 model have learnt a lot about the bike already so have no fears of buying one. I say if you can afford it and your a member of this forum buy it you only live once :thumbsup:

Well it ain’t no secret on there that I’m an Indian fan also owning several like you and your wife. I have now come to love the Rockets both old and new. They are not anything alike except they are big and torquey. I’m with you wanting to see all the opinions of experience concerning this new bike. Someday I’ll get to drive one myself.:thumbsup:

Back