Need help with dB rules in EU.

cskals

.040 Over
Ride
R3 standard 2005
Hi all.
I'm getting my Rocket's MOT done on Thursday, and I need the documentation on how much noise the R3 are allowed to produce.

I think it should be on the bike, under the seat, but there are no plate there.
Does anybody have some sort of document that show's how much is allowed?

Thanks in advance.

I can't help you on that brother; but I do remember here you could have your bike as loud as possible as long as the dead didn't get up and complain about it. Good times...

If you are really worried - ask Triumph (DK). It will have been homologated. If the plate is NOT where it should be - I would again bleat at Triumph.
You can be asked for a European Certificate of Conformity. And that can cost.
I have yet to meet anybody who has failed with original exhausts fitted.
I do know that the testing arrangements differ country to country. But measurements are usually made - Stationary: Centre stand if available.
Here there is also a dB buffer - of 3dB - that's up to twice as loud as stock if correctly E-marked.
Where a "modified" R3 can quickly fail is with emissions.

So sorry for your frustration, @cskals!

Government will regulate us into extinction in an effort to “help,” if given the chance. I don’t know why we all can’t just balance freedom with common courtesy, be decent people to one another, and embrace a deep and throaty rumble, but not blast people with an exhaust so loud they can’t think or work. When the regulators get involved, it almost always seems to ruin everything.

Values on the COC of a standard Rocket, no Touring, no Roadster
91 dB @ 3000 rpm
79 dB driveby

Back