Need ECU help!!!!!!!

Mark Graham

.040 Over
Ride
20 Triumph Rocket GT. 20 Kawasaki Z H2. 16 KTM
I hooked everything up and tested the tach and fan and everything seemed to be good. I have a new ECU map that I was going to download. Went through the reset adaptation, then went through the ignition sequence and tried starting the bike and nothing. The starter button didn't do anything. The lights were on. Before I hooked up the cable I made sure the bike started which it did.

I think I wiped out the ECU. What process do I follow to get it back?

Thanks

Mark Graham

Both the headlights and the gauge lights. I can't seem to get the cable to hook up with the bike now. If the ECU is gone would this prevent the cable to hook up to the bike?

By lights do you mean the headlights or the gauge lights? Some people pull the headlight fuse and forget to put it back in. Then they freek out whent she won't turm over.

Is the green conection light down on the bottom of the screen ? To double check go to the test page and run the fan test again. If it runs then your hooked up. Go back and read the map in it. If you changed it you should be able to verify it by reading it.

The cable will not hook up. Flashing red light at the bottom right of the screen. I have downloaded the drivers for the cable again but the USB is grayed out also. It did hook up before the adaptation as I was able to get the fan to turn on.

Is the green conection light down on the bottom of the screen ? To double check go to the test page and run the fan test again. If it runs then your hooked up. Go back and read the map in it. If you changed it you should be able to verify it by reading it.

Yep checking kill switch is a good idea. You wouldn't believe has dumb you feel when you forget that right after you remember you forgot to put the head light fuse back in.
Don't ask me how I know.

If it is not that and you don,t have anyone around you with tune ecu. I would remove tune ecu and drivers from your computer and reload it. Also make sure the usb com port computer thingy is ckecked:)

Where did you get your cable some of those are notorious for being bad.

Forgive me for this... Seriously, ....but check the kill switch.

AND PLACE IN NEUTRAL AND PULL THE CLUTCH IN.(SORRY CAPS)

Back