Need a wee bit Info

scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
1-Does the real tune-boy cable work with the free program?
2-With the Carpenter stage-1 kit if I install the carpenter exhaust does someone have a tune for it?
3-Does anyone need a used husband for when my wife gets back from LA and see's another bike she might kick me out .
4- Any one use a good moving(bike) company if so who?

Cables the one and same.

On new bike subject just don't mention it and act like its always been there, maybe she wont notice, girls hardly ever look closely at garage contents only the bank account, in my experience.

Story. I had a friend who was driving home from work one day, saw a bike that looked just like his on the back of a ute (you see where this is going...) He gets home parks in his garage, thinks somethings missing in the garage, someones borrowed the BBQ, goes upstairs and cracks a beer and parks in front of the TV, then the penny drops, goes rushing back to the garage and the BBQ is still there, bikes not. His wife decided he longer wanted his bike and sold it. She needed the cash to cover debts for her ailing jewellery shop and opted for his bike over her BMW car. The relationship ended that day.

Oh how we laugh about that day now.

Chain your bikes up and hide the key is my advice.

1. The TuneBoy cable will work with TuneECU when used with a PC. However, if you use TuneECU with a Droid then the TuneBoy cable will not work - you will need the TuneECU cable and an OTG cable, totalling about $24.

2. Hans0 probably has a tune.

3. I don't need a used husband, even one in a kilt, so can't help you there.

4. I always move my own bikes.

Cables the one and same.....

Actually they are not the 'same'. "One & same" implies interchangeable - you most certainly cannot use a generic cable with TuneBoy; Tuneboy key-codes theirs specifically or you would be able to avoid the $100 cost.
But that is not to say that the TuneBoy cable cannot be used with TuneECU - but even then, there are caveats, depending on which generation of TuneBoy cable you have.

You can certainly try your TuneBoy cable - the one I have indeed works; but 'generic' TuneECU cables are cheap enough regardless.

Actually they are not the 'same'. "One & same" implies interchangeable - you most certainly cannot use a generic cable with TuneBoy; Tuneboy key-codes theirs specifically or you would be able to avoid the $100 cost.
But that is not to say that the TuneBoy cable cannot be used with TuneECU - but even then, there are caveats, depending on which generation of TuneBoy cable you have.

You can certainly try your TuneBoy cable - the one I have indeed works; but 'generic' TuneECU cables are cheap enough regardless.

Whoop sorry my mistake bad typing meant cable only here. Was sure cable could be used isn't it a generic OBD2 cable?, know the software was different. Have used my Tune ECU cable I got with various vehicles without issues. Enlighten us please:)

1-Does the real tune-boy cable work with the free program?
2-With the Carpenter stage-1 kit if I install the carpenter exhaust does someone have a tune for it?
3-Does anyone need a used husband for when my wife gets back from LA and see's another bike she might kick me out .
4- Any one use a good moving(bike) company if so who?

1- wouldn't have a clue.
2- If you send the ECU to CRP they can load a tune that was developed for that setup for 200 clams.
3- NO! I would give 100 bux to have a front row seat for the show when she comes home. :eek:
4- See #1

Back