Need a tune I think??

imaclagan

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket Roadster
Hey guys, just installed a supertrap on my '15 Roadster. I have taken it out 3 times now and I am happy with how it runs. I feel its actually a little cooler than normal and Im not too worried its running lean. Great high end performance compared to the stock exhaust and it pulls from a stop much better as well!
However to ease my mind I would like an opinion from someone with a little more experience than I. should I re-map for this mod? would the dealerships TOR program be fine (if it is even available for a roadster) or should I look into something else? Again, intake is all stock the only thing I did was the trap. thanks!

Yes you should. OEM-map is no fun.
Scroll down the page.
There is one I made for near stock bikes.

Triumph_Custom_Tune_list. 3 & 4 Cyl. models

Yes you should. OEM-map is no fun.
Scroll down the page.
There is one I made for near stock bikes.

Triumph_Custom_Tune_list. 3 & 4 Cyl. models

Thank you Sir! Ill have to order that USB/OBD cable and download onto my work Computer since I use Chrome at home, looks like Ill need Windows for this. Unless you recommend the Android app instead??
Also, would you recommend the K&N drop in over the stock filter? coming from the Automotive world I never saw much improvement with a drop in.
thank you.

You are very welcome, Sir. Even if you are a automobile-guy.
You are right. The drop in is no use. Even the under tank version does not help.
The biggest power gain for a mainly stock Rocket comes from a proper map anyway.

I just know the windows version and can´t tell much about this android stuff. But afaik it works well.

I would look at the K&N RU-2780 and K&N 62-1340 Vent Air Filter. You will need two vent filters. One vent filter is for your air temperature sensor and the other is for your oil crank case. The ramair filter is a good setup too.

You are very welcome, Sir. Even if you are a automobile-guy.
You are right. The drop in is no use. Even the under tank version does not help.
The biggest power gain for a mainly stock Rocket comes from a proper map anyway.

I just know the windows version and can´t tell much about this android stuff. But afaik it works well.

Got to do something to make a living! Ill get the cable coming and try your re-map! Ill update when I'm done.

@Penner , I read through your tune description, since my intake is stock and all I have done is cat delete and installed a Super trapp would you still recommend the 100% open secondaries? is that 100% in all gears? I dont want to lose my torque! i love that stuff! :D:thumbsup:

@Penner , I read through your tune description, since my intake is stock and all I have done is cat delete and installed a Super trapp would you still recommend the 100% open secondaries? is that 100% in all gears? I dont want to lose my torque! i love that stuff! :D:thumbsup:

The answer is yes open them makes a world of difference, the torque loss is not noticeable, once a good amps dropped in.

Did a bike about a month ago, stock exhaust, drop in K&N filter (was filthy and blocked BTW). Guy was a competent and experienced rider could not believe the difference came back all smiles.

Also don't get a drop in filter, go K&N or Ramair. The problem with the stock R3 is the intake is stifled for noise and emission requirements in many countries, its hugely restrictive. Just have a look at the size of the air intake screwed to the bottom of the seat and the plumbing to get to the motor...

The answer is yes open them makes a world of difference, the torque loss is not noticeable, once a good amps dropped in.

Did a bike about a month ago, stock exhaust, drop in K&N filter (was filthy and blocked BTW). Guy was a competent and experienced rider could not believe the difference came back all smiles.

Also don't get a drop in filter, go K&N or Ramair. The problem with the stock R3 is the intake is stifled for noise and emission requirements in many countries, its hugely restrictive. Just have a look at the size of the air intake screwed to the bottom of the seat and the plumbing to get to the motor...

alright Im going to look into RamAir or K&N's, dont know what or if I'll do it yet.

Back