National Cycle wind deflector #N2591

McWrencherson

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket iii Roadster
I'm not sure if anyone wondered what one of these universal wind deflectors looks like on the rocket.

I cant comment on how well it works yet as we are having quite a wind storm. I will be able to add comment on that in a day or so after a good ride. Seems quite sturdy though so it should be fine.

They are about 110$ US and are a breeze to install.

National Cycle part number N-2591

I think that looks pretty frickin' awesome - very much in keeping with the look of the bike - looks as if it could be a factory part.

I had one on my CB1000 naked bike - it looked good, and worked great. Not a huge still air pocket, but it got that blast off your chest. Mine was mounted with quite a bit of "rake". I'm considering all my options for my Rocket, and haven't ruled this out. Also considering the National Cycle VStream, but it's $240 and requires some surgery to fit right. Post up on the test ride!

So I was able to get out and and clock about 140 miles on it yesterday and here is my 0.02$ on that wind deflector.

Just for reference I am 5' 11" tall so it may be a bit different for you if you are a different height or have a different seat height that the factory roadster seat.

It works as designed! Helps a lot at all speeds. It does start to give you turbulence that causes your helmet to buffet once you hit about 85-90mph (Believe it or not 85mph is the speed limit on a toll road here near Austin) That was unpleasant enough to either slow or tuck your head a bit. Seems about a two inch tuck gets you in the pocket of still air.

It does not protect at all from gust of wind from the side or the buffeting you experience when your following a large truck regardless of your speed.

The wind blast is completely off your chest but does still hit you right in the face which may not be a lot of fun if you wear a half helm. Was not a problem with a full face though. If your hauling A$$ and in the tuck the wind goes right over your head which I really liked.

As far as durability, So far so good. I wont divulge How fast I was going to test, to avoid written evidence of my shenanigans, But it seems to be stable and safe at any speed capable of the R3Roadster.

In conclusion, I like it. I will keep it on there for a while. I like that is seems to fit the look of the bike and at 110$ US is a good inexpensive solution to the wind blast we suffer.

Good one!

Does the $110.00 price include the mounting hardware? If it does, that's really a deal.

My MRA screen was $130.00 with hardware, but had an additional $30.+ for shipping, as it was coming from Europe.

Rick

Good one!

Does the $110.00 price include the mounting hardware? If it does, that's really a deal.

My MRA screen was $130.00 with hardware, but had an additional $30.+ for shipping, as it was coming from Europe.

Rick

Yes Sir
That included everything, I considered the MRA as well. How do you like it?

Back