National Cycle Museum- Anamosa, IA

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Guys, been stuck in Iowa working and decided to take a road trip to Anamosa for the national cycle museum. I took some pics with my phone that I will post on here sometime. It was well worth the trip as I also went to JP Cycles and bought a full face Vega Summit 3.0 modular helmet that I really like for 161.00. It is DOT and ECE rated but not Snell rated.

If you like Ariel, Crocker, Douglas, Norton, BSA, Moto Guzzi, Ducatti, various rice burners, Harleys and of course Triumphs it is a great museum. About 250 bikes total.:D

Best part, its located at the end of the exit ramp from the highway. Great displays, I was there in September for a get-away weekend. They also have video displays strategically located showing various motorcycling activities at several locations throughoput the museum. For any rider it will take several hours to check it all out. They also have a very cool collection of Bonnevile streamliners (including Don Vesco's twin engine (dual Yamaha XS 650) streamliner, too cool). If you're taking a pillion with you, jog down to Winterset and see the Bridges of Madison County (I went to see the Duke's birth place and saw some of the bridges because they were just there). And if you're doing that you'll probably want to take a lunch in Amana Colonies (great German food).:D

Back