Namaste from the north of India

Akash

Standard Bore
Ride
2021 Rocket 3R
Gents, and ladies, I'm glad to finally join a group of handful of people with excellent taste in motorbikes. A dream my father had since his youth (not that he's too old anyway), we finally have the Rocket at home. Delivered to us on July 27, 2021, I requested the dealer to have the wheels painted in satin silver (much like the radiator covers) with the idea that it will increase the road presence this behemoth has. I think it turned out well, and brings the attention of the observer to the bottom of the bike as well, where the black seemed to merge into the tyres and plastics. We added a backrest for my mother's comfort whom my father occasionally intends to take out for short stints. I intend to add a Quickshifter and I'm dicey between heated grips or heated gloves.

The bike has been wonderful so far, being our first cruiser. Our roads are much like the UK, a mix of smooth pavement and the occasional patchwork here and there, so I find the suspension a tad bit stiff going over the highway authority's shortcomings in asphalt. Maybe with time we'll find a better setup.

Hoping to learn from here and always on the lookout for a good deal on sparingly used upgrades ;)

Attachments

• tempImageCjlhw0.png
    tempImageCjlhw0.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Namaste from Austria! Welcome to the forum, you will find everything in here, even things you don't want to know😁

Hello @Akash and welcome from Virginia. I think if you simply add more throttle when coming upon those patches, the bike will fly right over them. :D

Greetings from sunny North Texas. Usually you can sort the bumps out using more preload than what the dealer delivered. Set your static sag to about 15mm and it should be good for most bumps.

Back