My version of the Custom Dynamics/Side mount

mjensen2k

.020 Over
I finished up my Custom Dynamics LED turn signals this weekend and made a custom side plate mount since I hadn't settled on one yet. The plate mount is a one-off.

I'm really pleased with the turn signals and am lighting the plate with a seriously bright LED spotlight from under the fender. No need to run wires when I can just shoot photons at it!

No good stills of the finished product yet. Here's a link to a quick video of it though.

YouTube - ‪Rocket iii with led lights, side mount plate‬‏

Thanks for all the previous pictures and videos and suggestions everyone!

Looks good.
I hope that our LED strips hold up better than mine did. About six months and most of the LEDs were out because the backing strip had fractured.

i saw something quite similar last summer on a late model victory hammer. i hope that BAL also known as bad ass lights comes out with something for the triumph rockets but they're focussed on the harley crowd for now it seems. that setup you have on your rocket 3 looks great.

i saw something quite similar last summer on a late model victory hammer. i hope that BAL also known as bad ass lights comes out with something for the triumph rockets but they're focussed on the harley crowd for now it seems. that setup you have on your rocket 3 looks great.

Thanks! It makes me smile. Yesterday I took some time to polish up the fender as I scuffed it a bit with all the disassembly/reassembly and thankfully it call buffed up just fine.

Now I just need to ride it more! Spend less time playing with it and really PLAY WITH IT!

love the lights mate , was the number plate hanging down or is it allowed that way in your state. We get pulled over by the police if its any thing from standard and then they check the rest of your bike so its not worth the hassle. But i do love them turn sigs.

It's intentionally side mounted and vertical. The state law is something about 'being visible from behind' and of course being lit.

I have been watching and I've seen a few other side mount/verticals around town and had a highway patrol behind me a couple days ago. The first time that I've noticed one getting a good look at it. :) I'm happy to say that so far, so good.

I'm still absolutely pleased with the look.

Back