My Rune has a "knocking" front end...

Billythebiker

Turbocharged
Riding home last night after an hour and a half cruise along the coast and country lanes I heard "knocking" coming from my front end when negotiating the speed bumps down my road :roll:

Apparently this is a known problem with 04 bikes, which I was fully aware of when I bought the bike and actually turned down a chrome pack bike (also in black) cos the front end was squeaking (also a known problem on 04 bikes) :oops:

The problem, I have no warranty :cry:

I know there are a few fellow Rune owners amongst us here so do you have any advice on a fix, parts and cost? :cry:

Easy fix apparently, could spend out on new parts or just apply some filler to cushion the part 8)

Really would like to replace the part though, so if anyone out there has info please comment :wink:

mine started doing the same thing just recently, I am planning to pull the frontend and have a look see...

I might replace the front shocks with some progressive 440's if I can get the right size...

HEAD

runeleft.JPG-thumb_269_202.jpg

HEAD said:
mine started doing the same thing just recently, I am planning to pull the frontend and have a look see...

I might replace the front shocks with some progressive 440's if I can get the right size...

HEAD

runeleft.JPG-thumb_269_202.jpg

Head, is yours a 04, apparently all you need to do is replace part No 12 on the front left shock (which pseudo-shock as the right one does the work :shock: ).

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Mod ... FRONT_FORK

So no need to replace the shock, my front end handle great, just going over bumps at low speed does it knock :roll:

Here on the Ruin forum, I always thought that was the UGLIEST bike ever until I saw an M109 followed by a Victory Vision. MY EYES!! AAKKGGG..

And people think the Rocket is ugly.
But Billy I'm happy that you got that "unreliable" hondotasan you've been pining for all this time. :lol: :wink:

Ah - the '58 Edsel. Now you're talking.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I was passed in my tin-top recently by a fugly looking bike. "What the fcuk was that?" I asked myself. It wasn't until I followed Billy's Rune thread that I realised. I think it's truly wonderful that we all have such varying tastes in bikes. I wouldn't want one myself but I'm grateful to those that do for making the world a more interesting place to be.

Good luck with the fix.

Z

Back