my r3 is on life support

jerry a

.060 Over
well got home last night from riding pulled in the garage shut it down and was cleaning the bugs off when i could smell cooliant on the left front and saw dryed cooliant down the hole left side discoverd where the fill neck go's into the radiator there's a crack then while looking the rest of the bike over i find a oil and cooliant leak at the right rear of the head so now i take i to the dealer lucky for me it's still under warranty bad news it will be at least 3 weaks before i get it back : ( dis sucks !!

Man that sucks big time. What year is your bike and how many miles are on it. What were you doing and how was you riding right before you noticed the leak. Was you hammering it and riding hard for a long distance or just tooling around town taking it easy?
Hope that they can get you in and out in a hurry and back on the road quickly. Keep us updated with what they find.

Big T

08 and i was just crusing around on some back roads just taking in the nice 75 deg day didint even notice the the cooliant on the left side of the bike it was just splaters of cooliant untill i got home . talked to the dealer to day the parts are on order and thay gave me a 09 tiger to use wile mine is getting fixed what a sweet ride !!:D also talked with there machcanic about the paint can rattle noise and he told me he had this on one other r3 and it turned out to be the timming gears and adjuster was bad lets hope he's right !!

Last edited:
The only remaining Triumph Dealer, that is almost three hours from me, also provides loaner bikes to customers within their area. We outsiders have to get accustomed to trailer usage :(

In my local area, only the H-D dealer provides loaner bikes.

well got my baby back on wenesday new head gasket and radiator and the paint can rattle is gone the tech told me it was the crome shroud around the the radiator was missing a bolt and that was the cause but i don't beleave him the sound was to macanical like a loose valve because he found the far left front valve a little loose and put a shim in !!

your dealer might be right about the rattle mine did when it lost one of the bottom shroud bolts and **** if memory serves me right it kicked my ass for a while finding it :eek:

well eather way it's nice to have my bike back and the guys at sharer cyc center are top notch that had it done in a week and a half !!

Back