My left grip popped loose...

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
while I was moving my r3t around in my garage the other day. Now I can rotate the grip around. I wonder if it's from the cold winter weather?
I'm planning on putting ISO grips in the spring anyway, but this shouldn't have happened. It would have spooked me if it came loose while riding. This happen to any one else?

My left one did move down the bar about 1 inch. Pushed it back up. I have removed my bar end weights so it has mothing to stop this happening. Seems firm still. If it did move much I could remove it, spray some hair hold spray on the bar and slide it into position while it is still wet, it will set and hold it.

while I was moving my r3t around in my garage the other day. Now I can rotate the grip around. I wonder if it's from the cold winter weather?
I'm planning on putting ISO grips in the spring anyway, but this shouldn't have happened. It would have spooked me if it came loose while riding. This happen to any one else?

107 degree temp on last summer's ride to Sturgis puked out my left side grip.
A new set fixed the problem!

When I was a kid I used "friction tape" to fasten my grips on the bars. I would wrap the bar with one wrap of tape, pour a little gasoline on the tape and slide the grip over the slimy wet tape. When it dried out, it never came off again. Wait a minute..Am I showing my age?

My left one did move down the bar about 1 inch. Pushed it back up. I have removed my bar end weights so it has mothing to stop this happening. Seems firm still. If it did move much I could remove it, spray some hair hold spray on the bar and slide it into position while it is still wet, it will set and hold it.

That is absolutely the best way to do it! that's how we keep mountain bike grips from spinning :thumbsup:

When I was a kid I used "friction tape" to fasten my grips on the bars. I would wrap the bar with one wrap of tape, pour a little gasoline on the tape and slide the grip over the slimy wet tape. When it dried out, it never came off again. Wait a minute..Am I showing my age?
I think if there's a problem that isn't not having fuel, and the answer is to use gasoline, you're showing your age :) :laugh:

I have ISO style grips and I drilled and counter sunk for a stainless steel cap screw to screw into the bar end tread. Won't go anywhere now.
IMG_4484.JPG

I have ISOs, and it was tight as f to get on, didn't even need the glue supplied. Can't shift it now.

I used the regular end weights instead of the ISO end-cap. Screwed in with no issues.

Wow, I am left handed an when you started talking about your left grip coming loose I was worried. I knew they did not allow those kind of conversions here.

Wow, I am left handed an when you started talking about your left grip coming loose I was worried. I knew they did not allow those kind of conversions here.
Billy your confusing me. I mean my left grip as in the clutch side. The glue popped loose, and if it happened while riding, it could get ugly. I can rotate it around now. Maybe when it gets warm again, it'll stick, but I'm swapping them out anyway.

Back