My bike is running like crap!

Phil R

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Classic
i went out for coffee and a ride around the area this morning. The ride was warm but I enjoy the hot weather. The smoke was pretty thick from all of the wildfires but it didn't bother me much (
Respirator masks recommended Saturday morning in Tri-Cities for “very unhealthy” air).

The problem with the bike is it keeps changing its idle speed. I've had the idle come up to 3,000 while putting around town. I do a "rolling reboot" and it solves the hi idle temporarily. I did a 12 minute tune this morning before I went out. I'm about to reload my tune (Jardine exhaust). I'm hoping that solves the issue but I'm guessing that I'll need to be replacing my TPS.

What else should I try before I put out the cash for a new TPS?

While your putting off replacing the TPS you end up doing all sorts of tricky little maintenance things that will only serve to frustrate you because they won't work. Just do the TPS and be done with it. On the way to doing mine I did plugs, fuel filter, all the little vacuum tubes and crimped coil wiring ........ nothing worked, Reset ISCV gave a little reprieve but not for long ... just do the TPS and re-set ISCV, about 15 mins all up and it will fix it.

****. I was going to replace my tune but my freaking laptop went missing. I know where I keep it upstsirs, and I swear I saw it there last week but i can't find it anywhere. I called all family members to ask if anyone moved/needed to use it but nobody knew anything about it being moved.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Back