My Backrest Luggage Rack Combo

Big Gun

Master Blaster
Ride
Zipo
The previous owner had made a modification to the fender and bent the seat bracket up to make a backrest. High marks for ingenuity but a little short on looks. (I added the wood just so I could get a sense of what was comfortable).

I had a fender with four large holes. My first thought was to replace the fender. Then I decided on a new project – off to the drawing board.

I’m very fortunate to have a CNC Mill and Lath at my disposal at work. After the first trial did a few changes to the backrest attachment.

Went to powder coat. After most of the day yesterday making plastic washers to protect the Powder Coat and finishing touches to the spring guides finally finished.

A little clunky looking but probably won’t see to many more around like it. Functionality is excellent.

Also have a bag that mounts to it for longer rides. Need to test that.
BR Pre.jpg
BR CAD.jpg
BR Test.jpg
BR 1.jpg
BR 2.jpg
BR 3.jpg

Wow! I thought I was cool with my old Bridgeport....can't make anything approaching that. Very cool!

Thank you geneseo1011! I bet You could it would just take an insane amount of time. I started on a Bridgeport in 1978 I still think CNC is like cheating.

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments!

Back