MV OK TX LA riders

skydog1000

Living Legend
Ride
2009 RIII Classic 1980 Yahama XS1100
Just to let every one know Nashville, TN has a new high way to go around Nashville it is the 840 loop. I think we will be going through Nashville at about 6 PM I was thinking we might want to take this to avoid rush hour traffic.
We might be picking up a couple more riders in Franklin, TN if that's ok Harley Yamaha Kawasaki riders.
We will be about 5 hours to MV at that point. Does any one think they might want to stay the night in Franklin, TN instead of Knoxville, TN

Paul, we decided on Knoxville because Ken (Stripes) will pick up his wife there at the airport, from Nashville to Knoxville is about 2.5 to 3 hrs, that will put us in Knoxville around 9pm , perfect time to sleep all night like babies:D

Paul, we decided on Knoxville because Ken (Stripes) will pick up his wife there at the airport, from Nashville to Knoxville is about 2.5 to 3 hrs, that will put us in Knoxville around 9pm , perfect time to sleep all night like babies:D

Hey Lupe do you guys ride the Dragon in or do you head north and take 441 over the mountain down towards Bryson city?

Last year we took 40 to 276. Its quicker.
Ya 40 over to ashville NC is quicker (I take more time off now) but since your so close I was just thinking you all took a scenic route the next day. 441 heads up over the mountain and you go by Cingmans dome I believe the jighest altitutde in the appalacians. its a beauty of a ride not as twistie as the dragon but still a good ride. I used to do the circle as My mom lived in Knoxville so I would ride the dragon down going in then pop down to bryson city which seemed to be over run with hardleys and then pick up 441 over the mountain into Gattlinburg Piegon forge area and then back to my moms. good all around ride. That was before they set up the legal still making shine in Gattlinburg. And before I started attending the RAA events. Infact I started riding that circle on one of the Triumph sponsored Rat raids where we stay at Natahala resort I think that was 2007 time frame. beautyfull area. Especially riding the dragon in the middle of the weeek before it would get crouded up by the weekend local ****** rocket brigades. I always try a different route there just so its not like always doing the same thing. Then Maggie Valley does not seem like a redundant ride. Of course now I get the add advantage of meeting new and old Captains I have met thru the years. I think thats why I never get tired of the area. Like this year I am traveling to Canada and then down. sur its about 1100 more miles then I need just to get there but the trip in is just as fun as it is being there. :D

It would not be that bad t go over the Mount, on thur but fri traffic would be nuts I bet it would take 2 hours the wife and me are down there every year it is a good ride Nolton Lupe get with me Thur moring I'm in Knox staying the night to so we can meet up and ride in I will be there a lot sooner than you guys about 1 or 2 but meet up with a friend before hitting hotle staying on the west side of knox Lupe has my cell

It would not be that bad t go over the Mount, on thur but fri traffic would be nuts I bet it would take 2 hours the wife and me are down there every year it is a good ride Nolton Lupe get with me Thur moring I'm in Knox staying the night to so we can meet up and ride in I will be there a lot sooner than you guys about 1 or 2 but meet up with a friend before hitting hotle staying on the west side of knox Lupe has my cell
Will call you when we get there:)

Soooo does any body think it would be a good idea to take the 840 loop around nashville at rush hour :p

skydog I would say yes but have not been on the new rout yet but it might be better if you are hitting it at rush hour but I wont be with ya all

Back