TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
I just got off the phone with one of Mustang Seats reps, he told me that a seat for the Roadster is in the works. I was wondering if the Standard seat and the Roadster seats are the same or interchangeable..?? I think he's on the fence as far as the TRIII Stardard/Classic goes, those who own either one or the other should give them a call.800-300-2492 The more requests he has the better. My RK Mustang seat is almost 15 years old and it's still as comfortable as the day i bought it new...:thumbsup:JMO

Last edited:
Std and Classic seat are the same as Roadster as far as I know so it shouldn't be a problem, only the Classic seat has an extra catch on the rear that would be easily removed

Standard and Classic seats are not the same as each other and are both different to the Roadster seat. Mounting and locking mechanisms are such that the seats are interchangeable but the seats are different; mostly in height. Ideally Mustang should be making different seats, if not specifically for each model certainly with different height options to suit the different peg positions.

Standard and Classic seats are not the same as each other and are both different to the Roadster seat. Mounting and locking mechanisms are such that the seats are interchangeable but the seats are different; mostly in height. Ideally Mustang should be making different seats, if not specifically for each model certainly with different height options to suit the different peg positions.
That's all they'll need to hear,that will probably squash the standard production. From what i understand from talking to their rep they may be going into custom builds. I know there are a few out there that if you send in your seat they'll customize it for you. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Five years ago they wouldn't touch Triumph seats... As far as price and comfort go you can't beat them....

IMG_0264 (3).JPG
Any word on pricing?
Jeff here is list of some of the seats they offers, don't be shy in calling them they are great folks to deal with. You might do better going factory direct..I bought the one piece wide vintage touring seat for my RK and will put it up against any other seat out there. The seat in the picture is 15 years old.

http://www.jpcycles.com/search/search?Context=28004137&Ntt=seats&Ntk=All&refinement_search=1&x=0&y=0&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=mustang seat&utm_campaign=seats+and+backrests&creative=1890167401&device=c&matchtype=p

Last edited:
They already make it for the Touring, and I'm pretty much about to place an order. Yes! Touring wins! ;)

I certainly hope this is true. I work for one of their retailers and as of a month ago when I spoke to Mustang they had no plans for the roadster/classic. :(

I sent them an email this week, Here was their reply...

Hi Bill, thanks for the email.

The Rocket III Roadster is on our project list. I do not have a time frame for completion, but I hope to see product hit the market sometime in 2015.

Neal Schermerhorn

Customer Service - Technical

Mustang Motorcycle Products LLC

Back