Delaware rider

.040 Over
Ride
2013 R-3 t
Just put the new Mustang seat on my bike and I love it little bit of a fitment problem but works fine now.
20170224_172028.jpg

Best bang for the buck.. I've tried a lot of seats in my riding days and have to say the Mustang seat is my favorite. I bought mine back in 2001 for my RK and it still holds up well and is as comfortable as the day i bought it. I visited the Mustang plant in Western Massachusetts it's a nice set up they have out there. A little disappointed when i found out they just make the seat for the Rocket Touring model though... Looks great on your bike..:thumbsup:
22177_1252610432930_1531257_n.jpg

I have one also, looks great on the bike. As for fitment, they told me Mustang seats were tight, but this was ridiculous. I was hanging off the seat with one hand and using a screwdriver to try to somehow get the mounting holes to align so I could bolt the sucker into place. I genuinely thought it was defective. But, bike looks fantastic with it in solo seat mode configuration and the comfort is decent.

VERY interesting...I ordered a Mustang seat for my 15 RT3 in December and had fitment issues also. I called the factory and talked to Neal in the Customer Service Dept. He said that they misprinted the years of the RT3 the seat fit and it would not fit. The 2 side brackets are not located in the correct position, they are too far back. Before calling I tried what you did and pushed the screws and seat everywhere but into the correct position before I called. I returned the seat to the vender who had also called Mustang. Glad it worked for you, I did want that seat. :(

I have the Long Haul Touring seat from Triumph and it is a great seat for me and my wife. It has the backrest but I hear that the backrest may not be available anymore. Without the backrest this would not be a good seat in my opinion. I just can't understand how the backrest could be obsolete so maybe thats just a rumor.

I have the Long Haul Touring seat from Triumph and it is a great seat for me and my wife. It has the backrest but I hear that the backrest may not be available anymore. Without the backrest this would not be a good seat in my opinion. I just can't understand how the backrest could be obsolete so maybe thats just a rumor.
Never owned a mustang seat but have had two Russell Day Long seats and man are they comfortable. Had (1) on a 2010 T-Bird and now on my 2014 Rocket 3 Roadster. They have a patent for a horizontal torsion spring, which you can have installed in the seat, that helps displace a persons weight to the sides and not just push the seats padding straight down.

[EDIT: Shortly after I wrote this, Loren Mack of Baldwin went out of business]

I hate to be a broken record . . . just a reminder Baldwin Motorbike Saddles is a sweet spot in performance, options, and cost. And fit is never an issue because he uses your seat pan.

I've had them on four bikes -- you can see the current one in my Gallery photos -- covered it to match the red of the bike, with highlight stitching, and he added independently controlled heaters.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Installed a new bought mustang seat today on my r3t. Brackets were not on the right position. Had to change the location of the brackets on the seat. Seems there are still some misprints around.

Back