Mustang seat doesn’t fit

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
63E46CF4-C7CE-4350-BC73-02D66319D814.jpeg
0C3A6231-315C-4814-925A-3AF07CA78ADD.jpeg
hi all,

Recently purchased A Mustang dual seat... problem the mounting brackets to bolt to the bike don’t line up... anyone had this issue and how did you fix it? I have contacted Mustang too... but as I am in Australia I really don’t want a two month turn around to get a replacement

Last edited by a moderator:
I relocated the brackets.
How did you do work out where? I’m assuming you drilled out the rivets?

I was thinking of drilling out the rivers for the bracket then attaching the brackets and putting doubled sided tape then undoing the bolts, drilling the holes for brackets on the seat pan and the re-riveting?

Any suggestions and I’d be interested?

Drilled the rivets, mounted the brackets with tape to find the right position. Then drilled the new holes and placed the new rivets.
When there I removed the screw thread to change to quick release pens.

I bought a Mustang seat for my Roadking back in 2001. It is the best seat I've owned and is still holding up well 2019 as the day I bought it. I visited the plant in Three Rivers, Massachusetts back in the day and saw the production going on. They are really customer friendly. I'd give them a call and try to get it straightened out. Contact Us | Mustang Motorcycle Seats & Accessories

Last edited:
E5A95C69-7943-48B0-8D6E-FB785B879D17.jpeg
C3BD351E-31FC-452A-BBE7-F0B2DA70BBB8.jpeg
Drilled the rivets, mounted the brackets with tape to find the right position. Then drilled the new holes and placed the new rivets.
When there I removed the screw thread to change to quick release pens.

Any chance you could show me an image of the seat pan? I did a bit of further investigating and even if I reposition I don’t think the brackets will be tall enough to line up?

Back