Music System for Rocket 3

Jimbeamrye

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
I am looking for a stereo set-up that includes FM radio, 2 Speakers, and Amp. I searched through this forum with limited results for something decent looking. I don't want to spend $1000+ for a system, like the GPS/MP3/XM/FM Garmin thingy that I keep finding. I just want to find a decent, preferably black, FM system that sounds ok, and maybe has an input somewhere for a MP3 player.
If you have found something simular to this or have put something together, please let me know where you got it or what you pieced together.

Thanks

I'll be purchasing the Nolan N-Com system for my N102. Bluetooth connection to my Motorola KRZR and I've got a gig of music on the phone. Otherwise, I've got my iPod shuffle (great for motorcycles) and ear buds.
shuffle_pocket.jpg

ATM

Scroll down this thread and you will see the heine gericke version, cheap £40 ($80) and I plug my mp3player/fm radio in to the amp - or sometimes the garmin - but I note you dont want to go the garmin route.
Bloody excellent value and audible up to 60

I put together a some what crude but effective stereo using Infinity car spreakers,pvc end caps, XM stereo and a blaupunkt amp.
Picture246.jpg
[/img]

Re: DIY helmet speakers from hallmark?????

Geoff said:
For those cheap ba****d like me , try this. Go buy one or two musical greeting cards the one that play the real songs.
Remove the speakers from the cards & attached to an old ear phone wire & jack, slide into the liner of your helmet & route the wires so that they drop out the back.
These speaker are not bad, considering, and they are flat enough to stay behind the liner & not felt.
I may upgrade to a plug-in port in the helmet if I'm feeling adventurous one day.
This may work for some & not others; but hey!,think how much money your going to waste trying.
I hook mine up to my Ipod play my Madness albums & ride.

Hey, you could even give the cards to someone first. After a few days, strip out the speakers and just say the battery went dead.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jimbeamrye said:
Thanks for the link!
Anyone have a iPod set-up or simular on their bikes? Care to give some info?

I have those speakers w/ the power amp I ucse a Sandisk MP3 C250 player that has FM.

Back