Mud flap

owl

Turbocharged
Hi John,
You'll probably get more replies if you post in the 'general chat' or 'meet the members' forums, but welcome aboard anyway. Can't help you with the mudflap question. Why a trike ? I've had a look at your link & they look the business though.

Hi Johnlyn, sure enough I've got a mudflap on my front fender and it works great. Of all the goodies on the bike, that one was one of the cheapest from JC Whitney. There's two kinds: one that is just plain and another one with some Western Fringe. Their catalogue numbers are AGU023318 for $12.99 or the one I have is AGU023361 for $17.99 that has the full fringe. They both have a concho and stud lined. (jcwmotorcycle.com) 800-853-4227 Amazingly the flap is in the same shape as the fender bottom edge but the full fringe is squared off and blows back in the breeze exposing the rounded flap beneath it.

But the installation is another matter. They come with screws to be bolted on to the fender but I'm not about to drill holes into my sheetmetal. What I did first was to bend the mudflap into a curve the same shape as the fender and hold it in place by wrapping a rubberband around the top of the mudflap for a few days. I then got some MARINE GOOP from Walmart and glued it to the inside of the fender and held it in place on both sides with some spring clamps until the Goop set up. Works perfect, no screw holes, and will last lten times longer than superglue (maybe forever!)

I don't like trikes :(

Nonetheless, forgive me and welcome Johnlyn :wink:

Without being patronising, I think it's great that you're taking the trike route rather than giving up biking completely. A mate of mine has had to go from his HD Road King back to a Sportster because of injuries & the weight of the King, and he's looking at trikes as the next step. Big up to you.

Nice looking for a trike .

large10.jpg

large33.jpg

Back