HowardRoark

.040 Over
Ride
2011 R3R
So, my clutch hasn't failed, but I'm getting some other work done, so I am going to do the clutch at the same time. I have some mods(jardines straight pipes, ramair, tuned, etc) and don't see myself going completely crazy with additional HP. I've searched of course, but can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. What are my fellow Captains' experiences with these clutch setups? I basically just need the plates and springs, as the clutch isn't failing yet. MTC's website is a joke, not easy to find what I'm looking for(part numbers anyone?) Barnett is only Carbon, no Kevlar option and OEM is ridiculously expensive. Are the springs that come in the Barnett kit heavy duty or is that an additional item I need to buy? What are people's experience with the longevity of the three? Thanks in advance!

Bob

Ok, thanks. I actually emailed him earlier today. The Kawi's work on the R3?
Yes and 25% stiffer. No matter what make of fiber you have always check the splined areas for burs left from the stamping die. Most are probably made in third world countries for a bowl of rice so Quality Assurance could be slacking.

Yes and 25% stiffer. No matter what make of fiber you have always check the splined areas for burs left from the stamping die. Most are probably made in third world countries for a bowl of rice so Quality Assurance could be slacking.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back