Moving up from Kawi 900 custom

kdhasiuk

Standard Bore
Any advice out there? it easy to get carried away reading these threads and understanding the tweaking to get more power...but under the circumstances, coming off a tame kawi 900, should i run my brand spanking new 2012 r3r :D bone stock for a while or should i just bite the bullet and have my dealer do some mods for me...was thinking of having them do the triple K&Ns and the TORS :confused:. any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Any advice out there? it easy to get carried away reading these threads and understanding the tweaking to get more power...but under the circumstances, coming off a tame kawi 900, should i run my brand spanking new 2012 r3r :D bone stock for a while or should i just bite the bullet and have my dealer do some mods for me...was thinking of having them do the triple K&Ns and the TORS :confused:. any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site mate :cool:

Id probably get to know the bike a little first enjoy it for a while and then do some mods later "DONT LET THE DEALER DO THEM UNLESS U WANT TO PAY HEAPS FOR A SIMPLE JOB. K&Ns and tors are an easy at home job the dealer wont have a good enough map to suit so thats where powercomander v auto tune tune ecu tuneboy and dobeck come in. do a search on here mate the info is all here :cool:

I agree with Mitch, get some miles together, get use to the bike. I did the same thing road the stock bike for the first summer and made the intake, exhaust, PCV/Auto tune and new tunes my winter projects on the bike. Simple enough to do and cheaper too.
Welcome by the way...

Welcome!

I agree with both posts above. Learn the bike, understand it, get a feel for it. From a Kawi 900 to a Rocket III is quite a jump. If you did buy it new (or barely used), break it in first. Get a season on it before. You already own one of the most distinct machines on the road, be patient, make your mods for you, not the fashionistas in the crowd.

You might like it louder, you might like it shinier, you might like it a thousand ways you don't even know.

Have said all that, change the seat first! Your ass with thank you when you do start to truly enjoy the bike on some long days!

Firstly a Big Welcome From Auss
Welcome to the site mate :cool:

Id probably get to know the bike a little first enjoy it for a while and then do some mods later "DONT LET THE DEALER DO THEM UNLESS U WANT TO PAY HEAPS FOR A SIMPLE JOB. K&Ns and tors are an easy at home job the dealer wont have a good enough map to suit so thats where powercomander v auto tune tune ecu tuneboy and dobeck come in. do a search on here mate the info is all here :cool:

I agree with Mitch, get some miles together, get use to the bike. I did the same thing road the stock bike for the first summer and made the intake, exhaust, PCV/Auto tune and new tunes my winter projects on the bike. Simple enough to do and cheaper too.
Welcome by the way...

Welcome!

I agree with both posts above. Learn the bike, understand it, get a feel for it. From a Kawi 900 to a Rocket III is quite a jump. If you did buy it new (or barely used), break it in first. Get a season on it before. You already own one of the most distinct machines on the road, be patient, make your mods for you, not the fashionistas in the crowd.

You might like it louder, you might like it shinier, you might like it a thousand ways you don't even know.

Have said all that, change the seat first! Your ass with thank you when you do start to truly enjoy the bike on some long days!
I agree with All the above Posts and Remembeer We are Here To Guide And Help You and it always a pleasure :cool:

Oh and where is Edmonton

thanks, what a friendly place

thanks for all the advice guys, I think I will take that extra cash I was going to use on dealer installed mods and get a seat, is one of the triumph offerings a good one? I really loved my mustang seat on my kawi something equivalent would be great.

btw Edmonton is in, northern alberta canada, so won't be riding my new bike until april or so.

Back