flyreels

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Hi my Daughter is moving to QLD to study Veterinary science, so we will be moving her up in a few weeks to live in Gatton or Laidley and I was wondering if anyone knows what those places are like to live in and if there are any rough areas to stay clear of.
Cheers Pete

Thanks @ozrider and @Mittzy I live in a small country town so we are use to that, but the heat is another thing we will have to get use to, but we are looking forward to the move. Looking forward to meeting you all up there. Cheers Pete

Hey @flyreels Gatton and Laidley are about 20 minutes and 40 odd minutes away from me. Have not lived in either but know the area pretty well. Gatton has a lot of young rural seasonal workers pass through. Probably a roughish pub, but like most country towns also has lots of really good people. Your daughter should have no worries. I have four daughters so can appreciate you wanting to check it out. I would do same. Chris

Welcome to SE QLD. All I know is Gatton and Lockyer Valley areas got smashed by flooding a few years back and they would be a pretty tight knit community that looks after each other. Some good riding roads out that way... bonus

Thanks for all the replies @Clay @motolink and @kenne
That's all good to know, down here in Tassie they have whole suburbs that are housing commission areas that are no go places if you want a normal life lol and then the government in there wisdom took the worst trouble making family's out and moved them to small towns like ours and now we have a lot more crime, drugs to deal with and as a consequence there are certain streets that you just don't want to rent in if you want a quiet life.
I have also looked at the flood maps that the QLD government have on line and all the houses we are looking at should be out the direct flood area hopefully. Our town also floods on a regular basis but we are lucky and our floods are no where as big or bad.

Are you ALL moving to Qld?

I think we will all move up eventually, I will take my daughter up and find a rental property we are sorting that out now and stay for a couple of months to get her settled in and then come back to Tassie for a while.
My wife will be looking for work anywhere from Brisbane to Toowoomba ( she just finished uni, masters of accounting and HR management ) so when she finds a career up there that she wants ( she has already found work down here) we will move up and buy a house up there somewhere.

Back