Mounting pegs on the dresser bars question

Markx

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket Roadster, 2005 Yamaha FZ1
Should I use a rubber gasket or bicycle innertube piece under the clamp. It seems like just bolting those things right on the chrome bars would surely scratch them up or at least I probably would.

Just getting the bike back on the road after a year (leg surgery), haven't been on here in awhile

Mark

may be wrong but if they are tight and dont move they wont scratch mine have not anyways
+1. I've had highway pegs on every touring/cruiser bike I've owned, to include my Indian Scout and have never rubber mounted them. Find the best position, clamp them tight and never move them

as above ! mine came with strips of rubber but always moved . I did away with the rubber and used a couple of turns of masking tape . never moved since ! it tends to be adjusting them up and down that marks the bars most so endeavour to get em right first time and keep them tight during your weekly checks ! I've also found that by giving the main hex nuts a liberal coat of copper grease will stop the steel bolts welding themselves to the housings also , making it easier to adjust the angle of pegs if ever need be ? I don't use mine too often as the wind blows up me trouser legs , but since fitting the James bond style spinning blades , they are great for filtering thru traffic ! :sneaky: ;)

Back