Mountain High BBQ Festival

Well, for Mt Airy, and environs, I would be happy if you could point me to some barbecue that would come anywhere close to yours.

Meet up at the Shoneys parking lot. 1000 Georgia Rd. Franklin, NC between 10:30 and 11. KSU as close to 11 as we can, short hop to the festival. No ride plans. Ride in, eat, listen to music, ride out your own way.

Well, for Mt Airy, and environs, I would be happy if you could point me to some barbecue that would come anywhere close to yours.

I've never found any bbq in Mayberry that I would go back for.

My authentic Cajun red beans and rice with andouille sausage slow cooked for hours. Drizzle a little of my bbq sauce on em and shazzam.
0729161820a.jpg

Here's one you can make with little trouble. Charcoal grill, 3 pound chunk,of high grade beef bologna, wood smoking chips, mustard, dry rub, bbq sauce (whatever you prefer).

Make incisions with a paring knife a half inch deep along the length of the chunk about an in h appear. Then do the same around the circumference about. 1/4" to 3/8" apart. Rub mustard, I used spicy brown, sprinkle liberally with the dry rub. Transfer to smoker/grill and smoke over indirect heat or place foil under the bologna. Once the cuts open up and the rub stays onwhile smoking, apply bbq sauce with a brush repeatedly and turn with tongs frequently for an even finish. The rest is up to you. Ciabbata rolls, Kings Hawaiian rolls, onion, pickle or whatever trips your trigger.
0809161928a.jpg

Last edited:
Back