Motorcycle Shipping from USA to Canada

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Good Morning my Rocket Riding Friends!

As luck would have it, it appears that my brother who can't seem to stop impregnating his wife, is now on his second child in 3 years and finally admitted that his riding days are over. My brother owns a 2005 Yamaha MT-01 which I am absolutely in love with. In fact when he lived with me, I put 16,000km on his bike when he "Lended" it to me LOL

Anyway,, he is considering selling the bike and I would like to take ownership of it, but the problem is that he stupidly moved the bike into the USA where he currently lives, and never rode it once... its been collecting dust, and probably needs an oil change and fluid change badly... But in order for me to safety it and get it plated I need it back to Canada. Its not the type of bike I can ride back (2000kms) easily...

Im looking for excellent options for shipping/crating a bike over the border. The bike is Canadian owned and plated in his name so its not going to have to go through customs (As in paying for US bike) as it would just cross the border back home.

Can anyone help with recommendations? Pick of new motorcycle included if you dont know what an MT-01 is (1700 CC V-Twin)

2005_MT-01_Action12.jpg

As luck would have it, it appears that my brother who can't seem to stop impregnating his wife, is now on his second child in 3 years and finally admitted that his riding days are over. My brother owns a 2005 Yamaha MT-01 which I am absolutely in love with. In fact when he lived with me, I put 16,000km on his bike when he "Lended" it to me LOL

Anyway,, he is considering selling the bike and I would like to take ownership of it, but the problem is that he stupidly moved the bike into the USA where he currently lives, and never rode it once... its been collecting dust, and probably needs an oil change and fluid change badly... But in order for me to safety it and get it plated I need it back to Canada. Its not the type of bike I can ride back (2000kms) easily...

Im looking for excellent options for shipping/crating a bike over the border. The bike is Canadian owned and plated in his name so its not going to have to go through customs (As in paying for US bike) as it would just cross the border back home.

Can anyone help with recommendations? Pick of new motorcycle included if you dont know what an MT-01 is (1700 CC V-Twin)

2005_MT-01_Action12.jpg
Try these guys maybe they do Canada. They are the largest shipper in the US.
Federal Motorcycle Transport
www.funtransport.

2005_MT-01_Action12.jpg
b-king an interesting mount, why not rent a U-Haul bike trailer($45 a day) and tow it back home.

Where is it in the US? In all seriousness, I'd ride that back for you, depending on location and timing. Toronto is a cool town. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. And 2000 km isn't too bad... my dad did 1300 miles on an 800 cc suzuki last weekend, and he's nearly 60 yrs. old. haha

Where is it in the US? In all seriousness, I'd ride that back for you, depending on location and timing. Toronto is a cool town. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. And 2000 km isn't too bad... my dad did 1300 miles on an 800 cc suzuki last weekend, and he's nearly 60 yrs. old. haha

Thanks for the offer! I'm considering different options but its looking more likely now that I will just get the necessary paperwork here done and just go down and visit and stick new license plates on it and leave it down there so I have something to ride when I'm visiting my brother. I'll considering bringing it back to Toronto at the end of next year maybe. I just had another look at the distance and its not 2000km (I dont know why I remembered that) its more like 1300km but that bike has a very small fuel tank, it would need to be refueled almost 10-11 times.. that would worry me, considering I have no idea how far and few between gas stations are on those roads...

Kudo's to your dad!! I Wish I had more free time or I definitely would ride it up my self...

Back