Motorcycle driver's test

Rocket65

Supercharged
When you first got your motorcycle license did you take the test on a Rocket or other large bike or take it on a small bike to make it easier?

In most states, if you take the motorcycle safety course, you end up taking the state written and riding tests at the end of the course. Since you are on 250cc bikes, it makes it a lot easier. That being said, I've taken the Roc over to the test site and rode the course fairly easily, however, I have over 40+ years or riding and am a former instructor so am quite familiar with the test course (AlMOST test).

If you can't or won't take the course, I'd recommend that you find a smaller bike to take the test on.

In most states, if you take the motorcycle safety course, you end up taking the state written and riding tests at the end of the course. Since you are on 250cc bikes, it makes it a lot easier. That being said, I've taken the Roc over to the test site and rode the course fairly easily, however, I have over 40+ years or riding and am a former instructor so am quite familiar with the test course (AlMOST test).

If you can't or won't take the course, I'd recommend that you find a smaller bike to take the test on.

Good advice. It would be very easy to drop the Rock in that tight figure 8 bit.
Why risk failing AND f'ing up your bike?
Take the course on the little 250cc scooter!

Had to retake mine after a high speed chase incident... Showed up on my valkyrie and the instructor passed me stating that if I could ride it there I am good to go... He never heard of or seen one before...

I first got my motorcycle licence in the '70s by riding my Yamaha 125 about 100 yards up the street, making a u-turn, and riding back.

rarecently post: 237093 said:
What's this licence business...is this something I should be aware off :whitstling:

RJ

IIRC you recently ditched the Wing so I shall refrain from all jokes and jibes about only needing a car licence...

Back