Motor Serial Numbers On Newer (09 and up) Rockets

Biebs

.020 Over
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
Folks, I have been made aware of the motor series where all the "upgrades" are included...anything past 337294. But in calling dealers on 2009 models, I'm getting block numbers that appear to have one too many digits, like 3336622. At first I thought they repeated one of the digits, but then another dealer also gave me a 7-digit motor number. Would someone having a Rocket newer then 2008 let me know how many digits appear in their motor's serial number?

Hey, got an answer directly from Triumph Corporate on the motor "fix". He said the serial number cut-off isn't published, but any motor that is black is the newer fully upgraded motor.

Hey, got an answer directly from Triumph Corporate on the motor "fix". He said the serial number cut-off isn't published, but any motor that is black is the newer fully upgraded motor.
Your dealer must be from one of those states that allows recreational use of pot as the 06 motors started in 06 and did not have the updated parts. The 337294 serial number is what is listed on the actual directions that come with the update kit!!!!!!

But it's missing a digit....the motor numbers are 7 digits log. Motors 3333766 and 3336622 I've looked at are both black motors from 2009 bikes. The "black motor" info came from Triumph Corporate, not a dealer.

Triumph use the last 6 digits of the engine number in the same way they use the last 6 digits of the VIN for bike and parts identification. Where 2 bikes have the same last 6 only then do you need to look at the whole number.

But then the two 2009 bikes I'm looking at would be 336622 and 333766....about 3,000 motors before the 337294 "fixed" motor? Plus, on the "Black Block" statement from triumph as being newer motors....I'm seeing them on 2006 bikes. Thisis nall screwed up.

Most likely a 09 will be safe unless its a very early year in which it might have been built in 08. Also I have noticed that sometimes when the factory runs out of parts they use whats on the shelf. By this I mean I have seen a guy in the that did a nice video on pulling and changing the clutch disc's UK on his 08 Rocket that actually had the 04-05 clutch pressure plate, lifter piece bearing, thrust washer, and lifter piece.

Oh, great. I beginning to feel that Triumph hasn't really changed much from the 1970s.

Ya they have as they don't drool oil everywhere :)
Personally I ahve been into my motora bucnh of times to include pulling it out. I look at all Rockets from 06 up but pay attention to 09's jsut so I can have another spare on unmolested. I will probably stick the 06 motor i have laying around in the 05 I have with a broken crank saft just to be bop around and circulate oil in the engine.

Ask them why there is a part number for the update kit for specifically black engines.

Back