Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
I posted this under accessories, but I think they should be considered a MUST for anyone that has any issues with rear end comfort problems on long rides or just a full day of riding around, and technically I guess they could be described as an ASSessory.

The only other person I've heard mention them is @barbagris (and I actually bought a pair to try out at his recommendation). I just got done a 450 mile ride this past Sat around the lower half of the Chesapeake Bay.
lower bay.jpg

I made this same ride about 2 yrs ago in almost the same weather conditions, so about the same level of gear (actually it was warmer this time around by a little). Same bike, same group of guys so same slow speed (Harley/GoldWing guys - I got excellent MPG by the way...).

Before the trip, I asked my sons for a pair of moto-skiveez for my birthday, figured I'd give them a try and this upcoming trip would be the perfect opportunity to test them out.

2019-10-22_11-17-02.jpg
https://motoskiveez.com/product/cruiser-skiveez/

Last time around by about the 3/4 point, I was getting a little saddle sore and by the time we stopped for dinner, I had some serious discomfort. I had these moto-skivees on this time around and not a single issue! I felt just as good getting on /off the bike at the end of the day as I did when I first swung my leg over it in the morning. I cannot endorse these things enough! Now, I will say that when I first put them on, the padding felt a little weird (like I was wearing a diaper with a load in it), but after about 5 minutes, I didn't feel a thing. I think it was just getting used to having something back there besides my rear end.

When I first saw the price tag at $65, I was a little taken aback, but figured what the heck, the boys are always looking for something to give me for my birthday anyway so why not. I can now say that I would buy them again in a heart beat and may even get some more if I'm doing a multi-day ride! Matter of fact, I think anything more than a couple of hours and these things are going on.

I've also put about 16K more miles on the bike since then too so maybe the seat just formed around my substantial (6' 280lbs) backside! All kidding aside, I'm sure that made a difference also. That being said, I am not willing to try that ride again w/out them to make sure either.

Jesus for a minute I thought we had lowered our already low stansards to selling used underwear:eek: buy a corbin seat -brick hard the way a seat should be and you can ride all day.

It's counterintuitive, but I put Corbin's on my k1200 and Sprint, harder is better.

Jesus for a minute I thought we had lowered our already low stansards to selling used underwear:eek: buy a corbin seat -brick hard the way a seat should be and you can ride all day.

Sure works for me!
Returned last night from 3200 miles in the saddle and my butt was never a consideration!

Let's face it - The Corbin seat lovers were bad children, but really loved the spankings. It's comforting. That or they have so much flab (or scar tissue from the abuse) there - they don't notice.

I only use the Skiveez on long trips - mainly because there is no fly opening. But part of their plus is a compression function which keeps my sexy (for my wife) bottie padding where it needs to be. If I wear the resurgence jeans these have excellent bottie padding too - and the Vansons (as will any good leather) hold the failing flesh where it needs to be.

And yes I have ridden with a Corbin for years - wildly overpriced compared with a pair of skiveez.

Similar comfort can be achieved using a pair of padded bicycle shorts with a good chamois. My bicycles all have racing seats and I am fitted to them. The cycling shorts are a must and I have used them with good success on long motorcycle rides. Just make sure you get a pair with a good chamois and not a flimsy pad that will deflate and not provide that comfort. Essentially all this is like having a gel pad that reduces vibration and friction.

Back