Mother's Day/Birthday Ride

bobmielke

.060 Over
I've been waiting for a dry day to ride for weeks. The last nice weekend turned out to be the one where I had to move into my new apartment. I was itching to ride! I never leave home without my camera so I generally combine any ride with an opportunity to capture my surroundings. Sometimes just going to the grocery store can provide a wealth of opportunities when the flower guy is loading an outdoor plant display.

Anyway, this trip took me to Camp 18, a converted logging camp that has become a super tourist stop for great family meals. Located on Highway 26 going to the coast at Seaside, OR it provides great food and tons of artifacts from the logging heyday.
The bike performed flawlessly with much use of the new Brakeaway Cruise Control. My adjustable backrest and heated handgrips were also called to duty. It was a short 100 mile round trip but much fun. Shoot, any dry, sunny day is a great day for a ride around here. We're into May & it still rains 3-4 days a week.

The local restaurant cat welcoming guests at the entrance.

The flowering shrubs on the highway in front of Camp 18 were exploding with colorful blooms.

Last edited:
You have the coolest places to ride up there !!! Ive been thinking about the breakaway myself. Any negatives to report? Sounds like its all good. Thanks for the pics. Awesome as usual.:D

mutt

Nice pics as usual Bob.

Kmutt, I've got the Breakaway on my R3T. The only issue is with the large levers. I had to modify the Breakaway's brake release a little to get out of the way of the big lever. I just use the thumb switch.

Kmutt - I have no issues with the Brakeaway unit. It performs flawlessly & is a welcome relief from rider's cramp.

Me too, Kmutt. It's been working flawlessly (now that I have adjusted the tension). It remains only a throttle lock though. I've approached MC Cruise in Melbourne about releasing a full blown cruise control for the Touring. They're going to get back to me.

Pete

Back