Motec News

hombre

Nitrous
Motec Systems USA has announced the NHRA's acceptance of the Motec M400 and M600 series of ECMs for use in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category for the upcoming 2008 season.

Even better, I've been in communication with Chris Miller of Motec USA, East Coast, and Motec will build a custom harness for my R3. Full wide-band AF control will be a huge benefit for the R3 engine. Advanced functions include traction control, anti-lag, gear change cut, and hi/low injection! Hot ****!:D

Motec estimates a torque increase of 10-15 Ft Lbs across my entire torque band from better AF control, with no other changes (such as exhaust, cams). This equates to 13-20 more RWHP at 7000 RPM. :cool:

IMO, it's quite possible with a Motec ECU, Nev's longer duration ex cam, and Doug's exhaust, to knock on the 300 RWHP door... reliably, without nitrous. Longer duration cams also move your torque band higher, relieving some crankshaft stress.

Is this a possible alternative to a Tuneboy?

Motec is a completely new ECU (replacing stock ECU), and Motec supplies their own software to control their ECUs. TuneBoy only functions with Keihin and Sagem ECUs, and would no longer be functional.

So it is an alternative, but only for those very serious about their HP... they start at $3000 USD.

Motec is a completely new ECU (replacing stock ECU), and Motec supplies their own software to control their ECUs. TuneBoy only functions with Keihin and Sagem ECUs, and would no longer be functional.

So it is an alternative, but only for those very serious about their HP... they start at $3000 USD.

Who figures out how to program the fuel and timing for this engine?

Who figures out how to program the fuel and timing for this engine?

My dyno tuner and I, of course. The engine still runs on volumes of air and fuel per cell of engine RPM vs load. Timing is still given in degrees BTC. The big difference is when you tell the Motec that you want a straight 12.8 AF ratio, it is sampling your real-time AF ratio and constantly adjusting the fuel to meet that requirement. This is light years ahead of a map which is based upon dyno sniffer AF readings in less than real world load conditions. We would start by loading my current air volumes into the Motec software, then tell it exactly where to adjust to 12.8 AF, then 12.7 AF, then 12.5 AF, etc. (supercharged values).

Such precise AF control for actual load conditions results in better power.

Back