Most R3 sales World wide !

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Meeting up with a mate to go for a bit of a blast I said meet me up at my local Triumph Dealer
so we meet up and decided to have a bit of a look around
doesn't take to long for the sales guy to spot my R3
first of he starts telling me the one about the "new" Rocket lll being a 2.5 litre ...
So when that launching then ...." O next year or the year after "
Any how he then start telling me all his sales fact and figures about the R3
Its like he's trying to sell me my own bike !!
So here's the interesting bit I find hard to believe he points at the shelf "see that, that's a Rocket lll piston and rod " it was presented to us for selling the most Rocket lll's WORLD WIDE !!!.....150

Now I'm not calling the guy a liar but my local small dealer sold more R3's than any other dealer in THE WORLD really !!

maybe they all have piston and tell the same story !

Meeting up with a mate to go for a bit of a blast I said meet me up at my local Triumph Dealer
so we meet up and decided to have a bit of a look around
doesn't take to long for the sales guy to spot my R3
first of he starts telling me the one about the "new" Rocket lll being a 2.5 litre ...
So when that launching then ...." O next year or the year after "
Any how he then start telling me all his sales fact and figures about the R3
Its like he's trying to sell me my own bike !!
So here's the interesting bit I find hard to believe he points at the shelf "see that, that's a Rocket lll piston and rod " it was presented to us for selling the most Rocket lll's WORLD WIDE !!!.....150

Now I'm not calling the guy a liar but my local small dealer sold more R3's than any other dealer in THE WORLD really !!

maybe they all have piston and tell the same story !

They have to get rid of the left-over bits after a Monday's morning shift on the production line some how! Anybody's Rocket sounding like a Thunderbird?;):(:D:eek:
There is probably a similar award for Thunderbird sales and a Thunderbird out there that sounds like a Yammie SR500:D:roll::roll::roll:

I remember in 2005 six Rockets at my Triumph Dealer sat there for eva..!! If 150 Rockets were sold i 'd think a UK dealership would have the advantage. I've checked out other Rocket forums , Triumph Face Book and was surprised just how many Rockets are out there.

All I know is that I was the first to buy an R3 at my dealer. Eventually they made the other R3 a demo bike.
About a year later they moved to a different part of Spain, but the last time I mailed them - they'd only moved about 5 in total.

I have seen about half a dozen R3's locally. 1 Tribal, 1 "T" , 1 two-tone Classic - rest black. Almost every single one is close to stock.
Might see a foreign one or two each year on the motorway - Usually well loaded.

tbh I think they scare a lot or riders.
I remember the first time I sat on one At a bike shop close to my parents. Probably 2005/2006. It felt HUGE and unwieldy.
I was riding small nimble bikes at the time. And there is no way then I'd have even asked for a test ride.
I was riding a Harley when I test rode mine in 2010. Still felt big but not as big.

Back