More questions.

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
1. So.....a little background. I bought this 09 rocket 3 touring on Saturday. The dealer could not find the keys and had a locksmith make a key for it. All is good. Key works in the bags and the ignition. I went to take off the sissy bar and the key does not work. Is the ignition supposed to be the same key for the sissy bar?

2. Also, where can I download a free full mechanics manual on this bike. Not the owners manual but the full manual.

3. I want to see if the guy did anything with the intake. How does that cover come off?

I feel like these are remedial questions but I am not used to how this bike is engineered and built. My last bike I could have to the frame, carbs out, completely stripped in 15 min. This one I want to read on and learn. I want to tear it down to see how it works.

Attachments

• 16736.jpeg
    16736.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 0
1. So.....a little background. I bought this 09 rocket 3 touring on Saturday. The dealer could not find the keys and had a locksmith make a key for it. All is good. Key works in the bags and the ignition. I went to take off the sissy bar and the key does not work. Is the ignition supposed to be the same key for the sissy bar?

2. Also, where can I download a free full mechanics manual on this bike. Not the owners manual but the full manual.

3. I want to see if the guy did anything with the intake. How does that cover come off?

I feel like these are remedial questions but I am not used to how this bike is engineered and built. My last bike I could have to the frame, carbs out, completely stripped in 15 min. This one I want to read on and learn. I want to tear it down to see how it works.

1. In 2008 and I think 2009 the sissy bar/rack and lock for the windshield were options, if they are the factory items and bought new they should have been keyed alike. If they were bought second hand who knows.

2. Look for a post by IDK he has a link to one in his signature

3.There is a small bolt at the front, its behind the cover and is parallel to the frame. Than you pull the cover forward to disengage the rear pin and its off. The stock filter is under the seat, if his done anything to the intake you now have a large storage bin.

1. In 2008 and I think 2009 the sissy bar/rack and lock for the windshield were options, if they are the factory items and bought new they should have been keyed alike. If they were bought second hand who knows.

2. Look for a post by IDK he has a link to one in his signature

3.There is a small bolt at the front, its behind the cover and is parallel to the frame. Than you pull the cover forward to disengage the rear pin and its off. The stock filter is under the seat, if his done anything to the intake you now have a large storage bin.

I notice that many state that a key is needed to take the seat off. Mine is not that way..........

The Touring model is a bolted seat,one on the back fender,one on each side under the seat, the Roadsters are not. Ditto for the back rack, an additional option in 09. Might as well call the dealer and say he forgot to re-key the backrest one, might get it done for free?
You will want to take that off for sure to get the seat off without fighting it in the way.

Anyone have the touring that has the key to unlock the backrest/luggage rack? I would like a picture of the key so that i have a starting point with my locksmith in finding a blank to cut.

Back