bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
Julie and I checked out a few of the old haunts around the North Coast today. Uki, Stokers Siding, Burringbar, Main Arm, Yelgun, Crabbes Creek, Mullumbimby, Billynudgel, had lunch at Mooball at the Moo Moo Roadhouse. Best burger I've had in a while and under $10. If anyone is down that way it's a good stop for something to eat or to just look around.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
couple of customers cars that stopped while we were there.
image.jpg
A road weary late 20's Chev and a fairly original Wippet of about the same age. Pug included.
image.jpg

WHAT A WAY COOL PLACE!!!!
Wish it was over here.
Thanx for sharing the pix!

This place used to be a service station in the little village of Mooball on Hyway No.1 in Australia. Just a stop for fuel and a can of Coke with a workshop doing maintanence and minors repairs for locals maybe fix a puncture or 2. Closed down when the Hyway bypassed it about 10 years ago. This bloke brought it and reopened it just over a year ago with no workshop just selling fuel, good food, coffee and whatever else you see that you might want to hang in your shed. I hope he does well. While we were there today 2 interstate coaches stopped one heading south the other heading north. The waitress had the drivers coffee ready when they sat down. We watched the drivers swap paperwork tell each other how many passengers they had, drink their coffee then swap coaches and go back the way they came, must be a daily ritual.

I love the way that the Honda Elsinore is one of the few, if not the only one chained up. The guys know what is valuable. ;) :)

The pics are great, every time I look at them I pick up something else, like the riding rocket ship hiding behind the front wheel of the old Triumph.

Thanks for sharing.

bob

Rigid frame Triumph waiting resto in one of the photos .. he's got some gear jammed in there that's for sure.

The owner has had a fair bit of grief from the health department and the director of the department for Compliance and Enforcement Tobacco Control Taskforce. You can shorten that to tax payer funded wankers. The Roadhouse had a photo of the big bike out the front with Marlboro painted on it. Apparently we tax payers fund people to trawl Facebook looking for cigaret advertising. The Roadhouse received a letter threatening $102,000 fine if they didn't remove the picture from Facebook and paint over the writing on the bike. The Roadhouse sent a letter stating it was only a big bike painted with a replica paint job and they don't stock or sell cigarets. The reply that is on the Roadhouse web site states that there are no exceptions for classics or replicas. That means all those old classic Rothmans Hondas and Marlboro Yamahas, all Peter Brocks old Torana's and hundreds of others have to be painted over or hidden from public view and what about the boy racers with their Rothmans Honda replicas?
image.jpg
The offending bike with @Seanii Plunkett side car

Back