Mods for Rocket speeding...

ThingKing

Child in Time
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster, 2022 Hayabusa
Here are a few mods I tried for a more stable hi-speed experience:

The skidmarx windshield is slimmer than stock, and that way it has a much smaller lever for shaking the handlebar in case of wind turbulences. It still protects the upper body nicely.

Triumph Rocket III - Custom Cruiser Screen - Skidmarx UK Ltd

That Longride panniers are smaller and slimmer than Triumph bags, and they have a forward facing edge that breaks the wind nicely. They are removable as well.

34 Ltr Synthetic leather rigid saddlebags with studs - Longride

My Wilbers shocks and fork springs for the Rocket make the ride a tad less comfortable, but improve stability over 100 mph considerably.

WIlbers America Home of Wilbers Shocks

131123_medium.jpg

Which other mods would be interesting for speed heads? What are your mods so far? Any contribution would be appreciated.

Here are a few mods I tried for a more stable hi-speed experience:

The skidmarx windshield is slimmer than stock, and that way it has a much smaller lever for shaking the handlebar in case of wind turbulences. It still protects the upper body nicely.

Triumph Rocket III - Custom Cruiser Screen - Skidmarx UK Ltd

That Longride panniers are smaller and slimmer than Triumph bags, and they have a forward facing edge that breaks the wind nicely. They are removable as well.

34 Ltr Synthetic leather rigid saddlebags with studs - Longride

My Wilbers shocks and fork springs for the Rocket make the ride a tad less comfortable, but improve stability over 100 mph considerably.

WIlbers America Home of Wilbers Shocks

131123_medium.jpg

Which other mods would be interesting for speed heads? What are your mods so far? Any contribution would be appreciated.
ramair intake to take advantage of the good (C.E.S?) header i see headestahl crashbars very nice I, like you have the same paniers they are called kentucky drive on this side of the pond very nice all around my2013 R3 will look similar to yours this spring plus hidden away in the motor some parts from a certain Neville Lush!!

i found changing to rearsets brings your lower legs and feet in out of the wind a lot

ramair intake to take advantage of the good (C.E.S?) header i see headestahl crashbars very nice I, like you have the same paniers they are called kentucky drive on this side of the pond very nice all around my2013 R3 will look similar to yours this spring plus hidden away in the motor some parts from a certain Neville Lush!!

Hey Duke, yes I do have Ramair installed, and the beast was dynoed even twice with this setup, 40+hp over stock now. But I have had a conversation with Neville last week, and I think he has got a few nice parts for me as well!
I didn't know the kentucky drive thing, yes those are the same bags. 2 inches slimmer and a lot more aerodynamic. I have tried these panniers until 125 mph without complaints already, very planted and stable but a real hi-speed run is still to come.

In the meantime I have installed a lock kit for them, so I can leave the bike alone with some peace of mind.
Universal Saddlebag Lock Kit

A full windshield becomes a problem above 150 mph. It can catch the wind wrong and the death wobble will rear its ugly head. Not that you can not run them above there it is just a risk. The sport screen works well above 150 but if your going to play up there you should think steering stabilizer. Them bags won't cause much disruption as they do not protrude more then you legs do. Also I found them tear drop mirrors do not hold adjustment at high speeds. Anything above 150 and they will fold in while the ugly Micky Mouse ones hold true. I see you changed your suspension which will also help control things. I agree with that although I never had the opportunity to try the Wilbers. Installing shocks and front forks with High speed dampening made one heck of a difference on mine. I have not gone past 7800 rpms in fifth yet. HOLD ON :D

A full windshield becomes a problem above 150 mph. It can catch the wind wrong and the death wobble will rear its ugly head. Not that you can not run them above there it is just a risk. The sport screen works well above 150 but if your going to play up there you should think steering stabilizer. Them bags won't cause much disruption as they do not protrude more then you legs do. Also I found them tear drop mirrors do not hold adjustment at high speeds. Anything above 150 and they will fold in while the ugly Micky Mouse ones hold true. I see you changed your suspension which will also help control things. I agree with that although I never had the opportunity to try the Wilbers. Installing shocks and front forks with High speed dampening made one heck of a difference on mine. I have not gone past 7800 rpms in fifth yet. HOLD ON :D

Well, I am not trying to enter the "warp zone" at this time. 7800 rpm is currently out of my reach, and one should know his place. I'd be completely happy to reach 160mph (edit: 155mph / 250kph) with screen and bags in spring. Yes, I do consider a Scotts damper (I think it was the one for the TT600, right?).
Can't believe you made it to have the teardrop mirrors fold. :eek::D Man, you could be hunting Busas down on the Autobahn!

I have problems above 120 on the touring, going to check the headstock bearings, but mostly blame the barn door fork mounted windshield.

Back