Modded RAASK rearsets

radar

.020 Over
OK so having had the RAASK rearsets fitted and loving the new riding position but not the shabby quality I bought some rearsets off ebay and modded the RAASK brackets and knocked up a little extra bracketry to roduce this

and a closer look here:

(The rusty lump of metal underneath the engine is part of my garage door lock) The hardest part was drilling the bit of aluminium rod to make the gear change linkage. I drilled and tapped the RAASK bracket and mounted a 5mm thick aluminium plate that the footrests were bolted to. The right hand side rest didn't need a adapter bracket it mounted direct to the RAASK one. I've to work out how to mount the master cylinderbut will post an image when I've done it.

The oil tank embellisher and temperature guage were gold plated using a home kit - the results are pretty good if I do say so myself

Not bad at all!

What rear shocks you have? I can tell the'yre Öhlins but could you tell me the modell and also your experiences with them are they any good?

Thanks

Hi Matti,

The shocks are 36PRCLB but you'll need to make up an adaptor to get them to fit. I had some titanium bar turned down to accept the ohlins eye and stand off a little so the reservoir didn't foul the rear fender.

The difference is incredible - easily the best mod I have made. I went into a bend with a big bump on the apex a little hot last week when I realised what I'd done I tensed up in anticipation of loosing my fillings, in the past I've been kicked out of the seat; but this time it was smooth as silk. Difference was remarkable - a mod I heartliy recommend

Nice looking set up Radar. Is there any issue with cornering clearance as in what hits 1st or do we go there? It just looks like a fixed peg with no give but there must be better clearance angle with that setup.

Thanks for the comments Baggage - no issue yet with ground clearance. I found the stock pegs very limiting for cornering but so far nothing has touched down. Took to cornering with my foot suck out slightly feeling for the road and haven't found it yet

Squinting along the the side I've increased gound clearance significantly - granted the suspension isn't loaded when static but compared to stock there's a lot more. When something does touch down I'm sure my arse will take a bite out of the saddle when tense up :D

Hello Radar, nice setup. I also have the Raask and not happy with looks. What rearsets are these you said you bought from e-bay, what brand/model?

What rearsets are these you said you bought from e-bay, what brand/model?

Do a search for "narsurin" it's a guy in Australia who makes CNC bits and bobs. The quality is amazing for the price. You'll need to jigger about to get them to fit though

Back