Missouri Roads; Mark Twain National Forest

Son_Of_Dog

Unfailing Millennial
Ride
08 Rocket III Touring
So a friend of mine is wanting to go camping at the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri in the coming spring. I told him I'll probably ride the bike, so now I need to figure out what roads look like the most fun between here and there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for scenic or twisty roads between Oklahoma City and Eminence, Missouri?

Unfortunately even though I live in Missouri, I'm not much help. I'm way up in northwest Missouri, have rode thru south Missouri couple times on way to Eureka springs, Arkansas and the pig trail. Missouri has a ton of paved roads, trick is finding a scenic route that also has good pavement. Some are not maintained at all. And some end in gravel with no warning. Probably best to use one of those apps that tell you scenic routes and road construction and stuff. There is a bunch of forests, and lakes, and caves, and state parks. Should be a fun trip.

So a friend of mine is wanting to go camping at the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri in the coming spring. I told him I'll probably ride the bike, so now I need to figure out what roads look like the most fun between here and there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for scenic or twisty roads between Oklahoma City and Eminence, Missouri?

How about this one, Amigo?
Google Maps
I've ridden most all of these and tis awesome!

I never before heard of Eminence; however, I know the territory and I like you! :inlove :laugh:

You're a sweetheart:D. Thanks for taking the time. I was looking at it and the only change that I've any inclination to make is to swing a little further east in AR to hit the Pig Trail going north, unless you know something about highway 49 north out of Ft. Smith that I don't.

Here's the there and back again as it currently stands. If there are any other sites I need to see, let me know!

You're a sweetheart:D. Thanks for taking the time. I was looking at it and the only change that I've any inclination to make is to swing a little further east in AR to hit the Pig Trail going north, unless you know something about highway 49 north out of Ft. Smith that I don't.

I thought I included 23. Something went arry. Thru Boonvilke to 23 then north to Eureka Springs.
Don't miss the pig!

I know there are some straight roads in Southern Missouri and start me ranches along the road North Arkansas definitely has the scenery and the curves Either way, you should have a great time

Back