Missing Bolt On Bear Claw

hossman

.040 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT Triple Black Edition
I have a 2016 R3R and I noticed the Bear Claw was hanging in the front closest to the fork. I noticed the bolt missing to connect it to the fuel tank closest to the front forks and was wondering if that is also a 8mm bolt like the other two or is it different? Where can I get the correct bolt? Thanks!

Both bolts are the same thread. A good hardware store will carry some that will work, but possibly not in stainless steel.

I'm not sure if it's different on a tourer, but I had mine off this evening and it was an 8mm bolt - quite a long one (about an inch or so) for a head that small.

Like @warp9.9 said above but my 1st Roadster came secondhand with a 8mm and 10mm head to those 2 identical bolt threads;):confused: clearly some substitution in the years before I got it.

They make a 6mm bolt with 10mm heas 8mm headblike the ones on the clutch cover and ever sump pan bolt plus many others. The t25 on the infill panels are 6mm 1mm pitch. I switched mine to the stainless one like on the clutch cover. You can also get them in allen socket head.

If you have any with 8mm thread someone screwed up the 6mm thread. Stripped out you might even get away with just using a starting or gun tap. No tap drill

Back